16 May 2014

Make-Up Review: Sephora Cream Lip Stain



One of the things I plan to do with this blog is review and record all the make-up I've used. I plan to start with some of my older products and work my way through to the newest purchases.

The first product I have for review is the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red.

Sephora describes it as a "matte bold classic red," and I think that's pretty accurate. The wand makes it easy to apply accurately, so you won't need a brush to perfect your lip. It has a sweet vanilla scent that might be heavy to some, but I found that I don't notice it as much as I did when I first got it. 

This is what it looks like on me: 



It's really the perfect, classic red that works on just about everyone. The lip stain dries very quickly, and does dry matte. It's also very opaque and pigmented! 

After a few minutes, this is what transfer looks like: 




As you can see, there isn't much. And after more than a few minutes, there's virtually no transfer at all. 

In my experience, it does come off while eating and where it comes off, it only leaves the tiniest amount of colour. It's not really a stain in that sense. You shouldn't have a problem with it coming off while you drink, though. 

The stain comes off easily at the end of the day, with any oil-free make-up remover. I've tried using just water to remove mistakes while applying, but it seems to only work if the stain hasn't dried yet. 

One thing to note is that it does feather after hours of wearing it. Using a lip liner should solve this problem! 

You can find the lip stain on Sephora's site for more information and some other customer reviews. 

Overall, this is one of my favourite lip products and I wish it came in several more matte shades!

Update: Sephora released a ton of new shades for this line, and I'm ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment