8 July 2014

A Few Aesthetic Changes

Hey, did you notice that I've made a few changes to the blog? There's no longer a blue background and I've added prettier-looking icons for my social media links! I've also changed the body typeface to Trebuchet (but that's much less noticeable). My design work is usually minimalistic, and that really does translate to the blog. 

In keeping with these aesthetic redesigns, I've also changed the wallpaper for my desktop and laptop! Until last week, I've been using one of the summer designs from the Modcloth blog (the second one!) ever since it was posted and I felt I needed a change.

I really like simple designs for my device wallpapers, because I feel like having a busy pattern plus icons on top is hard on the eyes. I'm also a huge fan of typographic work, and so what better wallpaper than one of my favourite typography blogs, Daily Dishonesty?

Lauren Hom of Hom Sweet Hom is the artist behind Daily Dishonesty. Each piece of this blog is about all the little white lies we tell ourselves, done up in artistic, hand-drawn typography. I've been following the blog for about a year. I love the humour of it, and it's just so cute!


So, in my quest to find a new wallpaper, I think I scrolled through most of the blog. And since this blog is actually hosted on tumblr, I was able to use their (very visual) Archive link to view the posts quickly. Here are some of my favourites (all images belong to Lauren Hom).




And finally, the one that won above all the rest to be my new desktop wallpaper on my devices:


I think it's perfect, don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment