31 July 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today's my birthday! Although I didn't do anything special today, I do have yesterday's OOTD which pays a good homage to someone who helped shape my childhood: J.K. Rowling.


The shirt is one I screen-printed myself when I was in high school. It reads "Magic never ends" and has the symbols of the crown (for Ron Weasley), the light bulb (for Hermione Granger) and the lightning bolt (for Harry Potter). When I designed this print, it was just in time for the release of Deathly Hallows Part 2 in theatres, and I ended up making a lot more of this print than intended, once people started seeing this shirt hanging up in the art classroom. I've got two shirts with the print, but I also made a lot of paper prints just for kicks. Harry Potter was a huge part of my childhood, and continues to influence me as I enter into adulthood. And that I share a birthday with the protagonist is just icing on the cake! 

Whenever I wear this shirt, I always pair it with one of my favourite necklaces: 


Look at that mini Harry on his broomstick! How cute is that? ♥


And although I didn't do anything special this year, I did take a quick jaunt through Modcloth and made up a little wishlist. I doubt I'll be getting any of these specifically because I don't really like shopping online, but definitely I'll be on the lookout for similar styles in-store! 



Cheers, and here's to decades more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment