10 August 2014

My Current Playlists

It's been a while since my last post, and I realised I haven't been posting too much about the things that inspire me! So, to remedy that, I'm sharing two of the new-to-me bands that I've been listening to on repeat.

The weird thing is, I found both of these bands via Welcome to Night Vale (though in different ways).

The first band is from the weather of episode ##: xx, which the song played was Offering by Black City Lights. I've been slowly finding some electro music that I like, and when I heard this song, I just went "yes." So, I looked up Black City Lights, and lo and behold, they have a full album and a few EPs. Have a listen to the first song that drew me in!


The second band I found through a fanvideo. The song was Bloody Shirt by To Kill A King (or on bandcamp) and remixed by Bastille. The remixed version is used in the video, but I thought it was such a good mood song for Night Vale that I wanted to find the original. Thankfully, it wasn't too hard.

Here's the fanvideo.

Not only is the editing pretty great, all the sequences put together this way really does remind me of Night Vale. The original song sounds a little brighter in my opinion, despite the lyrics. But it's a good song all the same. But once I was hooked, I searched for more of their songs and found that they had released an album in 2013. I listened to some of their songs and they definitely passed my "Youtube Test" (where if I like 4+ of their songs on Youtube, I'll get the entire album or discography).

Here are two of my other faves from To Kill A King: Wolves and Fictional State.



So that's what I've been listening to for the past week or so. I hope you enjoy them too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment