23 October 2014

Make-Up Review: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes

The Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tints for Eyes are cream eye shadows in crayon form. According to Sephora's website, these eye shadows are "superwearable, sheer, [and] creamy." I own two shades: Portly Plum and Fuller Fudge.


The Chubby Stick shadows are twist-up crayon eye shadows, which can be both easy and hard to apply. The fact that it's a crayon means that it's as easy as drawing on the eyelid. However, I don't know about you, but my eyelid isn't a firm, flat surface. Putting a lot of pressure moves the skin around, resulting in creasing and skipping as I go over my lid.

I find the formula very creamy though, and easy to work with. I apply these shadows all over the lid and then blend it out with a fingertip. Then, I darken my outer corners with another couple dabs of the crayon and lightly blend. Sometimes I layer powder shadows on top for more complex looks, but usually I just leave it at that.

Fuller Fudge is described as a "bronze brown." This shade contains some shimmer, but it's still a great neutral. I find that this is a good mid-tone brown that can be used as either the deepest crease/corner shade or as an all-over shade.

Portly Plum is described as a "plum violet." It's much greyer than I expected it to be, but saturated enough to still read purple. It's a little dark for most day looks, but would be a great pop of colour for those more familar with neutrals.

It's very easy to build these shades to full opacity on the hand or arm, but keep it mind you won't be able to swatch so heavily on the eye. So, it'll probably not look so intense on the eyelid. I wear Fuller Fudge a lot more, but Portly Plum is just as wearable. You can see how Portly Plum looks on me on an older post (here).


Pros:
• easy to apply
• easy to blend
• long-lasting
• creamy
• can build to opaque

Meh:
• limited time to blend
• price

Cons:
• swatch is not accurate to how it applies on the eye


Overall, I think that these cream shadows are worth the purchase! The Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tints for Eyes retail for $19CAD for 0.1oz, and you can find them at Sephora, Hudson's Bay, Shoppers Beauty Boutiques, and the like. There's bound to be a shade for everyone, but I highly recommend Fuller Fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment