29 December 2014

2014 Favourites



I haven't really done a favourites post before this, but since it's the end of the year, I thought I'd wrap it up with some of the products I thought were really a hit.

This post will contain some cult favourites, along with a few things that I didn't expect to like as much as I did!



I've only tried a few matte setting powders, but I'm completely in love with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. In fact, I've actually already hit pan! I did also drop it in my bathroom and so lost a little piece that way, but I did hit pan before that incident. Another face product that I love is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, which I use in shade 20. It's just a smidge lighter than my skintone, so it's a beautiful under-eye concealer. Not to mention that it's got great coverage for both dark circles and blemishes. Finally, the NYX powder blush in Mocha was something I picked up out of curiosity (and a hankering for pink blush). I love the way it looks on me and it's the one I reach for almost every day. I've barely made a dent though.

I'm 100% a black liquid liner girl, and my new favourite is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. The brush tip is so soft against my eyelid and that alone puts it above the Stila Stay All Day liner that I've also tried. It's not entirely matte, which looks less dry and caked on. I've never experienced a liner that can last through my disgustingly long days, but this comes so close. Another new-found favourite eye product is The Face Shop eye shadow (Lovely Me:Ex I Wait Rainbow) in Baby Pink. I kind of like the look of a soft pink as an all-over lid shade, and I hoped that this would be it. Alas, it's too sheer, sparkly and doesn't read all that pink on my eyelids. But I found that it is the perfect inner corner highlight, and because it still is slightly pink, I like it better than the cream-toned highlight shades that I have. I've been using this in basically every single eye look I've done since this discovery. I did also pop it out of its little plastic case and put it into a palette I'd DIY'ed.

Finally, my two favourite lip products this year: I decided to showcase a bold and a neutral. My favourite bold lip colour of all time is still the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. I can overlook the drying factor because it's just so pigmented and long-lasting! It's also a beautiful true red that isn't too blue nor too orange. As for the neutral, it's something I've only recently acquired, but I love it to bits. It's the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Peony. This was the shade that made me want the Melted Lipsticks in the first place, and I'm so glad that the little holiday set had this. It's a pink nude on me, almost pastel, but somehow really flattering.

So that's it for this year. Here's to more great products and new loves in the new year! To 2015!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the NYX blushes as well! I have to use shade 15 for the Maybelline Fit Me concealer but it's way too pink for me :/

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline Fit Me concealer shades are set up so numbers ending in 0 are yellow-based and numbers ending in 5 are pink-based. Try shade 10 (which might seem super light but might work)?

      Delete
  2. WORD, I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT NYX'S MOCHA. It was one of my most loved blushes early last year, but I guess I forgot about it because my blush stash expanded exponentially in 2014 ._.
    I've heard so many good things about that Rimmel powder and I've been wanting to try it out too, but my friend in real life said it was 'ok' and she's on the oilier side, so ._.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin is slightly oily and the Rimmel powder works well for me. It's not something that does really amazing things, but it's a good powder that does exactly what it says it'll do.

    ReplyDelete