26 December 2014

Cold Hands, Bold Lips



Winter is here. In Toronto, the weather's not all as cold as I had thought, but the wind chill is awful. I'm missing summer something bad. But the colder weather also means that darker lips are again on trend!

I've picked out a couple of my favourite dark and almost-vampy lippies from my meager collection to share with you!

I have to admit, I love dark lips almost year-round, but I tended to partake almost everyday once the weather turned a little colder. None of these are any sort of blackened-red, so they're not really that far a deviant from my normal lip routine. Fuchsias. Now that's deviating for me.

From my collection, I picked out five lipsticks to share. Some of them I've already talked about in a different post, so I won't really go into detail for them.

First up is the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Berry, which I've already talked about. It happened to be my lip colour this Halloween, when I dressed up in a "casual witch" outfit for school and a small party with friends.

The NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Snow White is another one I've already mentioned. A blue-toned deep red that fits oh-so-nicely into a winter wardrobe!

One of my first real lipsticks was the Sephora Collection Colour Lip Last in 21 Meet My Pink. It's a satin finish, which I think looks great and isn't as drying as a full-on matte. I didn't think I'd look good in this colour, but so far, nothing but compliments! I really have to thank one of the Sephora sales associates for suggesting this one.

Another dark favourite is the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet. I've talked about it lots on the blog, but I can't sing its praises enough. A great option for dark pigment while being easy on the lips. I tend to reach for this one a lot, since the moisture is so so welcome during the dry Toronto winter.

Finally, one of the newest additions to my stash is the Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Colour in Spiked with Rum. For something that cost $3CAD, it's got great pigmentation, and glides on so smoothly. And I don't mind having to reapply because it won't hurt my wallet to repurchase this!


4 comments:

  1. looks amazing


    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Red Velvet too! Actually, I just like the Revlon Lip Butters in general. I haven't been using it much though, probably because I'm into purpley lip colours right now.

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I've been thinking of trying out some more purple lippies, but I'm in a huge MLBBish phase.

      Delete