30 December 2014

Top 5 Played Songs of 2014

This blog was meant for an overall lifestyle, "who I am" sort of blog, not just for beauty posts. Unfortunately I've been neglecting that other aspect for quite a while. I guess I've been too caught up with doing some reviews for make-up I like!

Since it's the end of the year, I wanted to share my favourite tunes that I played over and over this year. I really love sharing my favourite songs or bands or artists. None of that "they're my favourite and you can't have them" feelings with me! I'm all for sharing the love!

Even so, narrowing down my songs for this year was a hard thing, especially when sometimes I love almost everything a band or artist releases. I wanted to share five different bands or artists, which was probably harder than it should have been. But that's not to say I didn't succeed!

So, in no particular order...

First up, really is the Arctic Monkey's "Arabella." Seriously, I'm so into this song. Definitely overplayed it this year. I don't see myself ever not liking this song, honestly.


A relatively new release, I've been listening to Walk the Moon's new single, "Shut Up and Dance" on repeat. It's incredibly catchy, and the video is just the right balance of lame and cute.


This is a band a friend suggested to me some time back, when they only had a few songs posted on YouTube. Since then, they've released an album called Puppet Loosly Strung, with a few of their popular songs and a lot of new ones. I think this was the song that got me into them? That animation!


One song I know I played a lot this summer was Florrie's "Summer Nights." Unfortunately, it doesn't have a "real" video, but you can still hear it here. (A bit of an oldie, this one.)


Last but not least, is MS MR's "BTSK." It's one of my favourite songs to chill to, not to mention that I just love the "lavender haze, djarum vanilla, turkish jade" line. I have no idea why I love that line so much, but I think it's to do with how she sings it? (No video for this song, but here's a non-painful graphic while you hear it.)


Well, that was a bit of a mixed bag, wasn't it? There are a couple more songs that I would love to share, but I promised myself a "top five" and I don't want to break that promise! 

What were your favourite songs this year? I love finding new music, so please leave some recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment