8 January 2015

Empties: Skincare and A Whole Lot of Old Makeup

A new year means a bit of cleaning up! So it's time for another empties post, and this time I'm separating them into skincare empties/throw-aways and makeup empties/throwaways.

I'll again talk about each item really quick, and anything I'm definitely repurchasing will be denoted with a (!).


Skincare:

Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Hydrating Lotion in Aloe (!) - Tried it out in autumn and it's now one of my favourite body lotions. I have really sensitive skin when it comes to fragranced stuff, and this one doesn't irritate my skin at all. I didn't try out whether the effects lasted the claimed 7 days, but I did find out that I can skip a day and still feel like my skin is moisturised.

Garnier Pure Control Deep Pore Exfoliating Cream Scrub (!) - This was in my last empties too, and I'm still loving it. Favourite nightly facial wash. Currently still using it and worrying about it running out.

Nivea Pure & Natural Hand Cream for Dry Hands - Bought this to test out, since my hands are chronically dry and I run through hand creams no problem. Quite nice, absorbs quickly and lasts a while (though I wash my hands a lot). I didn't repurchase this after I ran out, but I might go back once I use up the other two I'm testing out.

L'Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - This one is for non-waterproof makeup. Don't have that many feelings about it.

L'Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Eyes & Lips Waterproof (!) - This one is for the waterproof makeup. It doesn't leave an oily residue, unlike one of the ones I've used before. I'm currently using another bottle of this.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched - I still have one more tube of this, but I'm not planning to buy any more afterwards. I'm not into the smell as much anymore, and though it's still moisturing, it's not as moisturising as another lip balm that I've found.

Homemade Lip Balm - It's really hard to see in the photo but it's a clear tube right next to the Baby Lips. This is the best lip balm I've tried so far, and it's made by one of my mom's friends. She makes homemade lip balms and soaps as a hobby, and I asked if she sold them, but she doesn't! She just kind of gives it out to friends and family. This tube was made during a little workshop she did for my youth group, so I kiiinda had a hand in making this! I've got two others that she gave to my mom.

Makeup:

Sephora Collection Colourful 24 HR Waterproof Eyeliner in 12 Morning Mocha - Kind of on the fence about repurchasing this. It lasts absolutely all day, but when removing it it comes off in flakes. Morning Mocha is a deep brown, which I love. I think whatever's left (which isn't much) dried up and the cap's stuck. Tossing it out because I can't open it.

New York Colour City Mono Eyeshadows in 905 Gossip Girl and 919 Buzz List - Got these from my sister ages ago because her eyes are too sensitive to use powder shadows. Very glittery, decently pigmented. Throwing them out because I've probably used both only once since I got them and I ruined Gossip Girl by trying to depot it.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eyeshadow Primer (!) - My go-to eyeshadow primer! I tried the Smashbox Photo Finish primer as this was running out, but went back to this. So I already have another tube! I like the consistency a little better when it's a liiiittle bit dried out, but it makes my eye makeup last way longer than the Smashbox. A little scared to try others.

Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation in 340 Nude - This was probably my first ever foundation purchase, which was probably 2 or 3 summers ago? It's too dark for me, so I'm throwing it out. I currently use a lighter shade of this same line, but I'm almost done so I'm going to switch it up.

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Vanilla Cupcake - I think that's what the scent's called, anyway. This lip gloss is a zillion years old, probably, and I'm not into vanilla scents. Got it as a gift when I was younger, barely used it. Throwing it out for hygiene reasons!

Bath and Body Works Liplicious Art Lip Gloss in Brushed Blueberry - This one's at least two years old and has been open the entire time. I barely used it but it smells good so I kinda kept it around because of that. But the tube's starting to look gross so I'm throwing it out as well.

Sample of Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette Spray - Floral, Cute. Got this sample from a friend who loves the Daisy scents. It's not really my thing.

So that's it for now! Tossing out these things for real and starting afresh!

I'm in the market for a new foundation, for something I can wear everyday, long-lasting, medium-full coverage, matte/semi-matte finish. I'd love to hear your recommendations!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of that particular baby lips - I found it really greasy for a lip balm. I guess I need to try some Nivea hand creams out since this is the second time today that I've heard about them. Perhaps I should take back the one I gave to my mom... :P

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was really into them a little while back but I've found something better since then! I still like it over matte lipsticks to change up the look, though.
    I liked the Nivea hand cream, but they're probably not for everyone? I'm also not that picky about hand creams for some reason LOL.

    ReplyDelete