31 March 2015

New In: March



Let me just start by saying that I did really well this month! Or, at least in terms of number of cosmetics items purchased. I totally bought way too many new clothes this month. But we're not here to talk about that!

So let's see what new makeup I got in March...

Makeup:
L'Oreal Brow Plumper by Brow Stylist in Transparent
Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish in 240 Pink Pong

Skincare:
Garnier Pure Cleansing Gel
The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (x2)

As you can probably guess, I have a whole new brow routine now and I'm totally in love with the Anastasia DipBrow! Ash Brown is a grey with just a hint of brown that's perfect for me. On the other hand, I'm a little disappointed that I can't seem to find the L'Oreal Brow Plumper in the dark shade here. While the transparent one works because the DipBrow is just that good, I really wanted to try a tinted brow gel. But c'est la vie!

The nail polish I picked up is an absolutely perfect nude pink for my skintone and I'm just in love. It also lasts chip-free for a full four days on me, which is almost unheard of since I spend a lot of time typing away. It's also almost the same shade as Essie's Ladylike, but this formula lasts so much better on me than Essie's!

One purchase that I didn't include on this list was the Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free makeup that I picked up to try midway through the month. But it just wasn't doing it for me, so I returned it a week later and got a full refund. So that doesn't count! (But I will talk about it in a post I'm planning on...)

Other than the Clinique foundation, not a single regretful purchase this month!

How about you? Any new loves this month?

4 comments:

  1. Boo that you didn't find the tinted loreal brow gel. How's the brush?
    I bought wayyyyyyy too much this month. Birthday + target closing = a total disaster for my wallet. I got some good deals (and too much Sonia Kashuk) so it's justifiable (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the L'Oreal brush is actually pretty good, but it's not as dense nor as small as the Gimme Brow. So depending on your needs, either one could be better?

    LMAO At least you got good deals! I usually justify by saying I either don't already have a similar product, or that it's "for the blog." ...Not sure if that's any better, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROW PRODUCTS. BROW PRODUCTS EVERYWHERE. Also, what brush do you use for the Dipbrow? Sally Hansen makes amazing nail polishes, tbh. I bought one of her $2-3 ones, and it was OPAQUE IN ONE COAT. So much better than Essie, IMO! (Though Essie wins shade wise, heh)

    As for new loves, I'm finally getting back into nail polish and I've been loving Essie's 'Tuck it in my Tux' and Nails Inc's 'Bamboo White'! I JUST REALLY LIKE PALE PINKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little eyebrow/definer brush from a brush set? I'm not even sure what brand it is anymore, but I'm assuming it's a cheap one LOL. It works for me, but it's a little stiffer/rougher than I'd like.

    I love pale pink/nude pink nails too omg!! They just feel so classy. :P But right now my nails are actually white because I'm pretending it's summer.

    ReplyDelete