3 April 2015

Empties: January-March 2015





Three months without an empties post! I wanted to do empties quarterly, to kind of space them out evenly while still having more than a handful of items per post. But I ended up finishing an absolute tonne!

Let's have a rummage...

As always, a quick mini review on every item and whether I'd repurchase!

Garnier Pure Control Deep Pore Exfoliating Cream Scrub: Definitely repurchase! This is my favourite night face wash and my biggest fear is my skin changing so much that this becomes too strong for me. I stock up on these, so I'm scared that'll go to waste.

Nivea Purifying Cleansing Gel: Maybe repurchase. I used this as my daily morning face wash, but it's too much when I use it in my routine with the Garnier scrub at night. If my skin can't take the Garnier, I'm sure I could use this instead because it's definitely not as harsh.

Garnier Pure Control Acne Astringent Lotion: Repurchase! Along with the Garnier scrub, this is something I've been using for ages.

Nivea Soft Refreshinly Soft Cream: Nope! It's moisturizing for my hands, but it's way too much for my face. I just get greasy if I use this on my face.

The Face Shop Green Tea Waterfull Serum: Already repurchased! I'm not entirely sure it works, but my skin definitely feels refreshed after I use it. It's also moisturizing enough alone for the mornings if I'm planning to wear makeup on top! I also used up three sample satchets of this!

The Face Shop Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream: Repurchase! This is my second or third time using the sample, and I finally took the plunge back in January. I haven't cracked it open yet because I'm using the Moisture-Holding Seed Cream first. But definitely excited to use it!

The Body Shop Body Butters: Repurchase in various scents. I got the Mango and Satsuma minis. The mango scent ends up smelling rather like plastic, but I love the satsuma one! When it mixes with dampness (like sweat or just a damp bathroom), it smells a little weird but otherwise, A+.

The Body Shop Shower Gel: Repurchase in various scents. I got a mini Satsuma one as well. The shower gel scents don't last long on the skin, but they make my bathroom smell great. And I've never found them to feel greasy or leave a film on my skin. They also don't strip moisture like bar soap does!

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion: Maybe repurchase. I bought this to use as a hand cream. It's not bad but it feels a little watery. It also feels like it doesn't last that long on my skin. But it's definitely wallet-friendly at about $3!

Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Aloe: Maybe repurchase. They were handing out these minis on campus and I got two. It's really moisturizing and I love the cream texture! It's just a little bit greasy at first, but it really lasts.

The Face Shop Green Tea Waterfull Emulsion and Oil-Free Toner: Nope! First, though the packaging is super cute, it's ridiculously inefficient to get product out. The toner feels greasy even though it's supposed to be oil-free, but maybe I'm just used to the Garnier one (which has salicylic acid, so it's more stripping). The emulsion's not much to talk about...

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: Repurchase! Well, if you saw my last New In post, you'll know that I did end up buying the full size. This is surprisingly efficient as a spot treatment for those red bumps that aren't quite zits yet! The full price for the tea tree oil is rather high for so little product, but honestly you need a drop at a time so it'll last forever.



Rimmel London Clean Finish Foundation in Soft Beige: Nope! I finally finished a foundation!!! It's definitely not formulated for my skin type, but it's not an awful foundation despite all the negative reviews. I'd never buy it again, but I wouldn't discount it if you have fairly normal skin that just needs a little bit of extra somethin'-somethin' to look flawless.

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: Nope! I did buy another tube that I'm sort of using now, but after I finish it, I don't think I'll go back. It's chock-full of silicones so it glides on soooo smooth and makes my skin feel super soft, but it's not that great a primer for extending the life of makeup. It does blur pores, but if they're as large as mine, there's no hiding 'em.

L'Oreal Gentle Makeup Remover for Eyes & Lips: Repurchase! So I've bought and finished up a lot of these... I like these a lot because they take off all the makeup super easily, but there is residue. I don't mind though because I usually take a shower after I remove my makeup anyway. I'll probably keep using these unless someone shoves a different one in my face LOL.

Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer: Nope. I don't really remember what it was like, but I remember being fairly unimpressed with it. It wasn't anything that special? And for $62 CAD for the full size, I think I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation in #40: Maybe. I liked the shade match and how matte the foundation is, but it does funny things when I put concealer on top.

NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation in Punjab: Maybe. I love the finish, I love the shade match, I love the coverage. Only thing is that it just did not last all day on me! Maybe after I get my skin under control again...

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in #3.0: Maybe. It has surprisingly more coverage than I thought, and the finish is that perfect not-quite matte but not-quite dewy that just looks pretty dang great. 3.0 is a little light on me, but I can definitely make it work. It doesn't last that long on me, though.

Nail Top Coat: No idea what brand it is. Ridiculously old and kinda gross now. Away it goes!

NYX Matte Blotting Paper: (not pictured) Maybe. Packaging is meh and it's hard to remove one sheet at a time. I like that it's white, so I know immediately if my makeup is lifting off! Works as well as any other blotting paper, I think.

Goody Hairbrush: (not pictured) Nope. Made of hard plastic so static is a huge problem! Tossing this because I tried to brush through morning hair bunched up in an attempt to do a bun, and I broke the tip off a bristle. Now it's sharp plastic :(

Wow. So that's a lot longer than I thought it'd be. I think I'll still do empties on a quarterly basis though, but I may change that if I gather up too much trash use up lots of things.

What did you think? Are you proud of yourself for finally finishing something? I know I'm proud for using up that foundation!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love empties post so much. They are super satisfying! Good on you for using up so much stuff, especially those full-sized makeup products.

    Clementine | My Darling Clementine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of empties!!
    Ah, too bad that you don't like nivea soft. I'm a big fan of it since I have dry skin and it's so moisturizing yet it's pretty light! Tbs tea oil is ridiculous for the price. I have a bottle from target that is a LOT bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just installed iStripper, and now I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete