19 May 2015

Happy Blogiversary!



lightsmithing turned 1 on May 15th!

I honestly can't believe it's been a year since I started blogging ~for real~. I've been micro-blogging and creating content since I was in high school when I was introduced to Tumblr and the magical place that it is. After a while, I decided that I needed a space where I could control my content more easily, and where all the content was well and truly mine. It took me years to figure out what I wanted to do and where I wanted to do it, and I finally made the leap full year ago!

lightsmithing was meant as a place for me to share and dump my photography, and I was also at a point where I wanted to do more design as a hobby. It morphed into a beauty blog very quickly and I'm still not sure how it happened! But I'm kind of glad it did, because I've met so many wonderful people through beauty blogging. I'm definitely going back to its intended roots and doing more life blogging, but beauty is just so fun that I'm keeping with it.

In this first year, I've just broken 70 posts, which is honestly more than I thought I'd do. There were breaks when I just didn't have the time to blog and also times where I blogged multiple times a week. I've also learned the value of preparing and queuing posts beforehand.

This blog is something that I'm proud of, even though it didn't quite turn out the way I planned. I'm looking to create a clearer brand for lightsmithing, and figure out who I am as a blogger and what I bring to this (crowded) table.

Thank you to everyone who's commented, shared or followed me on social media. E-meeting you and hearing your thoughts has honestly been a huge motivation for me to keep going. Thank you! ♥

16 comments:

  1. Yay you! Happy blogiversary! :) Glad it brought our paths together! <3

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary! It's been nice meeting & talking to you for the past couple of months! Hopefully the next blog year goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to have met you too! Thank you so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was awesome meeting you in real life a couple weeks ago! Thank you so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Christine! :D What a wonderful accomplishment! I started on Tumblr as well! I still use it for fandoms and memes and such but after a few beauty posts on Tumblr I thought it just wasn't the place for that type of content.

    All the best in your future of blogging! Congrats again and keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reaching the one year mark! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooohoo happy blogiversary! :D

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your blogiversary!! Here's to many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I hope to keep blogging for a while still!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HURRAH! Congrats on the one year blogiversary, and eh, all blogs evolve. We're all half-assing it/the blog is evolving with us as our interests and tastes change.
    And ahhhhhhh Tumblr. I spent most of my university career on that site, taught me so much about ~social justice~ and I steal most of my jokes from there.

    WE WILL MEET IN REAL LIFE THIS YEAR. /CONFETTI IN THE AIR/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!! And yes! (Is it ok I literally threw my arms in the air when I read "confetti"?) Photo waaaaaalk~!! I still don't know when I'll be free for it though! D:

    ReplyDelete