5 May 2015

Summer Goals



School's finally out! I can barely believe that I'm already finished my third year of university and that I'm well on my way to a bachelor's degree. Time really does fly!

This summer is definitely going to be a busy one for me, what with (hopefully) working full-time and all the events I want to attend. I want to share a few of my goals with you.

1. Find a summer internship related to the graphics industry, though preferably in a marketing position. Social and digital marketing is something I've realized I'm really passionate about, and I'd love to put my abilities to good use and learn lots along the way!

2. Post at least one beauty- and makeup-related post a week, as well as my weekly Project 365 round-up posts.

3. Go on at least 3 photo walks and blog about them. Ideally, I'd love to hit High Park, the Scarborough Bluffs, and cover some church/cathedral architecture in downtown Toronto. Centre Island would be a great bonus! I'm already planning a huge tour with Ahya for Doors Open Toronto.

4. Do 5 OOTD/style posts. I like styling outfits, and it's a shame that a lot of my past ones have gone unrecorded.

5. Go on actual date-dates with the boyfriend at least once a month! Stay-at-home movie fests are awesome, but sometimes I need to change it up.

The day after I drafted up this post, my boyfriend and I made a deal that we'd watch the entirety of the new Doctor Who serials (9th Doctor onwards) as well as 5 so-awful-they're-great movies, and as part of the bargain I need to finally read Tokyo Ghoul. I haven't read any manga since high school, but he promises that it's full of all the subtle foreshadowing that I love in storytelling. So uh... The stay-at-home dates are here to stay!

I'm trying something else in my header images. What do you think?

13 comments:

  1. Scarborough Bluffs are great for pictures. I'm hoping to hit up High Park next week! I would love to take advantage of Doors Open Toronto, but it's my husband's birthday that weekend. But the lighthouse on the Island is going to be open and I'd love to tour that! Congrats on making it through another school year!

    P.S.- Hope the interview went well and that you hear about it soon!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some good goals! Would love to see pics of different parts of Toronto. It's strange how I've lived here all my life, yet I haven't explored much of the city (I haven't even been to the CN tower!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Doctor Who! I totally support that decision, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the internship hunt! And I'd love to come with you on a photowalk sometime! I hardly have any photography friends, so I think it'll be nice to just talk about equipment and shoot with other people! If you're ever in the Bluffs area, hit me up, because I did a few solo (well, I went with my dog, hah) photowalks there last summer.

    ALSO, YES TO DOCTOR WHO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'VE NEVER BEEN UP THE CN EITHER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!! Fingers crossed!

    I've never been to the Bluffs nor Doors Open before, so this year will be my first time. Boo that you can't go, but there's always next year? :D Happy early birthday to your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I post some photos on my Flickr every so often and I'll definitely share some highlights on the blog. Maybe get some exploring in before you're off to the States!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not that special!! Toronto's not that interesting from high up, just a lot of grey LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! I don't usually talk equipment because I shoot with the same lenses almost all the time: 18-70mm 3.5, and 50mm 1.4 LOL. But shooting with other people is a lot more fun (and less awkward when you walk into buildings and stare at things). I need to figure out when I can get out to the Bluffs and I'll definitely let you know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Good luck with the job search!


    Haha me and my boy friend do that too (tv/movie marathons). I would say as long as you're having fun, enjoy it! And then when you want to go out for dates, do that too! LOL, I almost don't even know what a 'real' date actually is anymore! (and don't mind one bit)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!

    After I marathon so many TV shows or movies, a change of scenery feels really nice! But I'm definitely enjoying the marathons too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me it's because no one in my family wants to pay for the tickets XD

    ReplyDelete