9 June 2015

Life Lately: Some Changes

You may have noticed a week when I didn't post a single thing and wasn't that active on the interwebs. I've had a sudden (and fairly big) life change recently, but don't worry, it's all good news!

Some of you may know that I've been internship-searching for a while, and you've given me plenty of encouragement and good vibes. It's all paid off, and I now work full-time as a marketing and sales intern! While I'm genuinely enjoying my job, this does mean that I'm spending much less time working on my blog and reading all of yours. So while I get into the groove at work, I'll be working on how best to keep up with blogging.

But first, notice anything different about lightsmithing? I've been doing some slow redesigning, keeping the same sort of layout but just changing up the details! I thought about what I wanted lightsmithing to be, and I think it needs a bit of tweaking before it gets there. Over the course of June, I'm hoping to work on bits and pieces of it, changing things here and there. So changes will roll out slowly as I do them.

As for the actual content, I'm hoping that I'll be able to use weekends to queue up lots of posts ahead of time. Originally, my plan for this summer was to post every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (with Saturday being my weekly Project 365 round-up). Unfortunately, I won't be continuing with Project 365 because I've lost the motivation and inspiration to do it. I did complete about 150 days, give or take, and I'm proud of getting that far. As for my new posting schedule, expect a new post every Tuesday and Friday at my usual 10am!

I want to say thank you to everyone reading this post, this blog, and just reading any of my content in general. It's a lot of fun for me to create, but it definitely feels better when it's appreciated too. Thank you for all the love! ♥ ♥

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your internship! It definitely is difficult to balance work with blogging! But good luck :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's great that you love your job. Loving the new layout so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! It's going to be a slow process rolling out the rest of the changes though :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new internship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the internship and I really like the new layout of your blog! Love that necklace, is it a real stone? I'd been searching for something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you! Congrats on finding an internship!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Christine! Congrats! I know that struggle lol. I was doing coops for a lot of my summers so it's hard to find time. Then the off time you do have you may have something else planned that takes you away from doing a post! Good luck though! I'm sure you'll manage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again on landing an internship!! But argh, I definitely relate to that ~unable to blog as frequently~ feel, and I still haven't adjusted despite working for several months now. (But then again, I'm just lazy and my passion for blogging just isn't there anymore, I guess)

    I HAVE NOTICED THE GRADUAL REDESIGN AND ME LIKEY :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! It's not real stone :( I got it from Forever 21 and it's only cute from afar. But that was enough for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah that's me right now! A lot of my friends work weekdays too, so we only have the weekends to hang out and we have to make the most of it before we spread back out across the province.
    Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!
    I think it's like, when you finally get a day off work you just want to relax. Or I sleep in past golden hour, and the lighting is awful so "I'll do it tomorrow" happens LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blog layout and good luck on your internship! :D

    ReplyDelete