26 June 2015

My 5-Product Face



I really enjoy putting makeup on, and I try to take every chance I can. But sometimes I'm running errands around town and I'm not in the mood for a whole face of product but I do want a li'l somethin' somethin'. So today I'm sharing my 5-product face with you!

My first step is always primer and even with a simpler routine, I still use it! Right now I'm using THEFACESHOP's Velvet Skin primer. It's one of those that have a silicone-y feel, but I like the way it smoothes over texture and pores.

Next, instead of using foundation like I normally would, I use the Maybelline Fit Me concealer and just draw it over my face where I need it. That's in a large triangle under my eyes and onto my cheeks, around my nose, the middle of my forehead, and on my chin. I take a dense buffing brush and just blend that all out. I'll usually set it but sometimes I skip that step.

Then it's on to eyes and eyebrows! Because a 5-product face is a lighter look, I don't create a hella bold brow, but I still need to make it look like I have brows at all with the Anastasia DipBrow. And as you all know, I'm a huge fan of liquid liner so that's the next step. This time I'm using the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.

Finally, lips! To keep it low-maintenance and simple, I'll use the L'Oreal Glossy Balm as a lip tint. It adds a touch of colour back into my face but it's not too bold.

And that's my 5-product face! I'll admit, usually this routine gets bumped up to 6 or even 7 products as I add setting powder and blush. But it's still a lot more lowkey than I normally go for.

What about you? What does your 5-product face consist of?

5 comments:

  1. Kat Von D Tattoo liner, yeuh my favourite!! If I need to choose 5 products it would be concealer, liner, lipstick, blush, and tinted moisturizer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mascara?! My 5 would have to include mascara for my gold/invisible lashes! I'd probably also include powder, brow pencil, lipstick, and a little bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I switch between the KVD and the Dolly Wink! I love both but KVD is just so much more accessible to me LOL. I apply blush all the time, but for 5 products, I had to give it up for eyebrows. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had such a hard time finding mascara that works for my face. Buxom's Lash Mascara comes the closest, but my eye shape means product on my lashes will smudge.
    Brows!! Honestly, my whole makeup game changed when I discovered brow products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG yes at Tattoo liner. Holy grail status for me. I actually should put concealer on my cheeks too. I get quite red there, but for some reason never really thought of it!

    ReplyDelete