30 June 2015

New In: June



With working full-time, I haven't had as much time to shop as I used to. Which means that I literally picked all of these up in the same trip! So here's what's new this month...

I've heard good things about cleasing oils, so I grabbed the Garnier Clean+ Nourishing Cleansing Oil. I used to use a biphase makeup remover, but that resulted in using at least 4 cotton rounds every night taking off my makeup. I use a lot less product for the same effectiveness, which is great! The thing is that this Garnier option isn't good at removing liquid liner and mascara. Another point I want to share with you is that this bottle leaks. Like mad. Has anyone else had this problem?

I also picked up the Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil in Brown. I wanted an eyebrow pencil for those slap-on-and-go days when the DipBrow is just too much work, and I was hoping this would be a good product. Unfortunately, I think it's way too creamy and way to warm for my face. Not sure what I'm going to do with it!

In other Essence picks, I grabbed the Colour & Go polish in That's What I Mint! I'm really into mint polishes, especially because it's the summer and I wanted to try Essence's formula. Haven't done so yet, but I'm expecting about three days of wear.

The one brush purchase (that isn't in the photo because I forgot) was a still. by Spa Essentials eyebrow brush. I like having two eyebrow brushes, and my oldest one got scratchy, so I needed a replacement.

Finally, I picked up the Garnier Pure Control Deep Pore Exfoliating Cream Scrub and Pure Cleanser Gel as backups because I was on my last bottle of each. I really think this will be my last purchase of the cream scrub because it contains microbeads and I want to move away from that.

I also picked up a few things at the Toronto CBB swap last week, which I'll share on Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I've had the same issues with the Garnier cleansing oil as well! It's really annoying!!
    Heh, I wonder if the essence brow pencil works better as an eyeliner :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. I'm so disappointed with the packaging. But I don't have another pump bottle to decant it into :(

    That's such a good idea for the brow pencil! I'll try it, because otherwise it's just a waste. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that's why I online shop now when I started working! :P I use the garnier oil mainly to scrub off the foundation, but I haven't tried it with mascara and eyeliner. I haven't had any leakage, but it's been sitting upright on my shelf so I haven't tried tipping it over. Now I have to check!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like shopping online much, because I like feeling a thing before I buy it.

    I use the Garnier oil all over the face because I was hoping for one easy step. While it does take off my washable mascara and most of my liners, there's a little bit left. I wish it weren't the case! I also keep mine upright, but whenever I use the pump, a little leaks out. I'm not sure why...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so it's not just me that completely forgets to photograph things sometime?! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had to re-take my last haul pictures because I forgot an item!

    Those essence polishes look so cute in the store! I love the shade you picked up!

    ReplyDelete