2 June 2015

New In: May



Every month, I go through the whole spheal of wanting to spend less each month and to use up products rather than getting new ones. Things were looking up during the first half of the month! I literally didn't buy anything. But then the brush on one of my fave nail polishes broke, so I had to go out and get a replacement. In the few days after that, I ended up doing most of my makeup shopping. So let's see this month's "haul!"

I picked up a few new nail polishes this month: 3 Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes in Mauve It, Slick Slate and Blue-Away, and a Pure Ice polish in Home Run. The brush in the Sally Hanson polish in Pink Pong came apart, so I bought Mauve It to replace it.

In more general makeup, I picked up the Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana, the Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial, and the Buxom Lash Mascara duo that contains a full size and mini version. I got the Wet N Wild highlighter after turning away from the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector during the Sephora sale. I really like golden highlighters and this one used to be raved about in the beauty blogosphere. I figured it'd be worth the $5! As for the mascara, I'm still sure that there's a mascara out there for me, despite all my meh to bad experiences. I think I liked this one after trying it out a year or so ago, so I'm trying it again. #beautybloggerproblems? So far, it's working out awesome though!

Two different members of my family gifted me makeup this month too, and both happen to be lip crayons. The L'Oreal Colour Riche Glossy Balm in Baby Berry is a sheer pink-red, and the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Two Ton Tomato is a sheer orange-red. I like using the L'Oreal one as a barely-there lip tint.

I also picked up an e.l.f. small angled brush. I'm still sad that e.l.f. products are harder to find now that Target is closed, but I'm glad my local Loblaws carries some of the products!

So that's it for May. Whew. The months sure are flying by, almost too quick for my liking. How about you? Can you believe it's June already?!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite some haulage! Welcome to the Celestial Apocalips club - it's such a perfect color. :) Love the Buxom mascara, I'm always happy when I get samples of it from Sephora!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it June already?? It definitely doesn't feel like June. Reserve your cabana is RIDICULOUSLY big. I like it when I'm craving a more natural glow! P.S. I like the new blog look! Not sure when it was done since I'm on mobile most of the time when reading blogs :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! It was the last one in the display, and there wasn't a tester so I just crossed my fingers. It looks so good on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to lean towards a more natural glow because I have oily skin, so the glow WILL be natural in about 6 hours LOL. I actually love the size of Reserve Your Cabana. It'll last aeons!
    And as for my blog design, thank you!! I'm actually going to give everyone a heads up next week about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That small angled brush is great. The best for gel liner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it so far! I've been using it for my brows with the DipBrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wet n Wild's Reserve Your Cabana, though it's one of my favourites, isn't exactly bling-bling material LOL. I've been lusting after one of Becca's pressed highlighters though! THEY ARE SERIOUSLY GORGEOUS (especially the Rose Gold one!).

    (On the other hand though, I've kinda stopped buying highlighters because realistically speaking, I could pretty much use the 'highlighter' shades in eyeshadow palettes to highlight the rest of my face because seriously, I'd never be able to finish up a full sized face highlighter!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still debating whether I want to spend the $$$ on the BECCA pressed highlighter... I love Moonstone, but I'm already so glowy? LOL.

    Well some of the highlighter eyeshadows aren't bling enough!! *attempts to enable*

    ReplyDelete