16 June 2015

What's In My Purse?

First, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm one of those people who brings everything, just in case. I carry an unusually heavy purse almost all the time because I hate the feeling of "I wish I'd brought that along!" Surprisingly, though, I carry a small purse when I'm going out. (I carry a massive laptop bag when I go to work though.)

So what's in my (really heavy) purse?

Wallet. I actually hate the big logo'd plate on the front, but it has the space for all 8 million cards I carry around with me.

Cellphone. In the most beat-up case. With some clever brightness edits, you can't really see the ripped up edges anymore! But yes, it's kind of gross.

Glasses cloth. Because I have a penchant for touching my lenses by accident.

Pocket mirror. I used to wear a lot of bold lipstick, and this is a must-have! This particular mirror weighs a million tons for some reason. But the design is pretty and it's worth it.

Hand cream. I have chronically dry hands. Or I wash my hands too often. Likely both. This current one is Vaseline, but I'm not loyal to any brands.

Nail file. I don't pull this out often, but when I do need it, I'm super glad I carry one around.

Burt's Beese Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Sometimes only my cuticles are dry and cracking, so I use this instead of my hand cream.

Hair tie. Always have one.

Pill box. I carry around ibuprofen and Aerius (allergy medication) around with me during the summer. This has come in handy so many times that I just keep refilling it.

TTC tokens, in an old film canister. I usually don't carry this if I'm not straying far, but if I go to Toronto, these are a must have. I'm still annoyed that streetcars and buses don't have Presto yet, and that not every subway station takes Presto. GET IT TOGETHER, TORONTO.

Lip balm. This one's obviously the Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched because I'm trying to use it up, but my favourite is a homemade one by a friend of my mom's.

Blotting papers. The oily-skinned's best friend.

Band-aids. For cuts and scrapes and blister-prevention.

Hand sanitizer. Generic! Super tiny bottle! V cute. V useful.

Keys. I've forgotten to bring keys more than once, and it's why I always have my cellphone with me. There's a penlight clipped onto the ring for emergencies.

Card holder. Contains my Presto card, GO Transit ID, and transit schedules.

iPod. Super old and on its last legs. I'm going to miss how compact this is.

Usually I'll have a bottle of water with me too. Which probably only adds to the weight. But ta-da! All the things that go into my purse and that I'll lug around even for running errands.

10 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about bringing everything with you sobyou havenitbif you need it! I pretty much always gravitate towards large bags for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! You can never be too prepared ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always need a bottle of water with me in my purse, though it's heavy but so necessary! Sometimes my throat gets really dry if I'm on the train and I NEED water. I always have hand cream and lip balm too, can't live without it D: My phone case looks like yours haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually just wipe my glasses on my shirt :P
    YES to the hand sanitizer. Because germs.
    OMG that iPod really is old. I have an iPod Nano but I don't use it that much now, though it stores SO MUCH music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I drink sooo much water during the day (though I guess that's a good thing).
    The magnet on my phone case popped out yesterday! I don't know if I want to put it back or not LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This iPod carried me through high school LOL. Some of the buttons don't work as well as they used to anymore, and I'm thinking of just putting music on my next phone for an all-in-one device!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice array of things! I am totally like that too, I have everything under the sun haha. I have the same baby lips stuffed into my bag. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Quenched" is permanently in my bag, just because it's my favourite BabyLips of the bunch...BUT I USED TO STORE TOKENS IN AN OLD FILM CANISTER TOO. (I swear we had a discussion on this?)(But these days I store them in Kinder Surprise eggs because there's a hinge and it gives me an excuse to eat chocolate)


    I actually can't believe you still carry an iPod around. GET WITH THE TIMES CHRISTINE--WE PUT MUSIC ON OUR PHONES NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure we talk about tokens in eggs and film canisters every time we see them LOL.

    My phone is traaaaash. No memory for anything :'( (But it was $60 w/o a plan sooooo) I'm looking to upgrade soon though, partially because this iPod is dying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn, noted LOL

    Ugh, my old phone was trash too. It pretty much ran out of room for all the apps I needed on my phone so I finally upgraded this year and SO EXPENSE BUT I'M HAPPIER NOW.

    ReplyDelete