7 July 2015

Empties: April-June 2015

A lot of skincare empties these past 3 months, as well as a few old products I'm throwing out. See what I've finished in April to June!

Garnier Pure Control Deep Pore Exfoliating Cream Scrub - Like always, I used up at least one of these. One was from right at the beginning of April (but after my last empties) and the other from the end of June. Like I mentioned last week, I won't be buying any more of these, despite how much I love them and how much they've helped my skin the last few years.

Garnier Pure Control Acne Astringent Lotion - Another one of my mainstays, but I decided to try a less harsh toner after I finished this. Definitely only for acne-prone or oily skintypes!

Garnier Pure Control Anti-Imperfections 24H Hydrating Care - My former favourite night-time face moisturizier. It's really light on the skin but moisturizers well, and I don't wake up feeling greasy. I might try new things though, because I go through these fairly quick.

L'Oreal Sublime Soft Gentle Micellar Solution - A decently cheap micellar water. While it was great for removing swatches, it's not suited for removing makeup at the end of the day. I ended up using this as a once-over after using makeup remover to take most of it off.

L'Oreal Gentle Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips (Waterproof) - My go-to makeup remover because it's fairly cheap and not greasy. Since getting a cleansing oil, though, I've only been using these to take off eye makeup and swatches.

The Face Shop Chia Seed Moisture-Holding Seed Cream - I got this to try, but then realized I'd meant to buy a different product. I ended up liking it though. It's not heavy but it's moisturizing. I wouldn't rush out to get this again though.

Nivea Aqua Effect Moisturizing Night Care - FINALLY FINISHED IT IN APRIL! It's a great night moisturizer for people with normal-dry skin, but even in winter it's too much for my oily skin. I really recommend this if you're on the dry side. It's cheap too!

The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter - Honestly, I'm proud of myself for having finished this 400mL tub. While I love the scent that remains in the tub, while I was using it I'd get a whiff of an "after-scent" that wasn't that pleasant. I have one last tub of TBS's body butter, but after that, I'm definitely going to be avoiding heavily fragranced things because I know I'm allergic! I haven't had a major reaction to any of TBS's stuff though.

The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel - I love the strawberry scent, but again, after I use up my last TBS shower gel, I'm going to be avoiding them and their fragranced products. A sad day for me.

The Body Shop Mango Lip Butter - I barely used this, but I hate lip products from a tub/jar. I'm tossing it out because I used it for a bit and hated it. It's not even that moisturizing!

EOS Lip Balm in Passionfruit - I love the scent and the lilac colour, but I find EOS lip balms aren't as moisturizing as I like.

Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Aloe Hand Cream - This is a little sample size that the company was promoting. I actually really liked this!

The Body Shop Satsuma Hand Cream - A little too watery for my taste, but I can't deny it smelled amazing. I'm not a fan of the foil-like package though.

The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex Design My Eyebrow in 01 Gray Brown - I'm really really sad to see this go. It matched my brows really well, was pigmented but not overly waxy nor creamy, and an all-around great product. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued and I'm still sad. Goodbye, awesome eyebrow pencil.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden and Anti-Aging (not shown) samples - This was from the Naked 2 palette I got, and claimed that it'd be a week's worth of product in each sample. Honestly, I found that there's a LOT more than a week's worth. I couldn't see any real result even after finishing the Anti-Aging one, but then again, I'm 20 and my skin doesn't need much help. Eden is the nude matte, and honestly I hate it. While the product itself is fine and works great, I really hate that it's got a pigment. It gets all over my lashes unless I'm being super careful.

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 49 and tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation in Light-Medium Sand samples - I talked about these already in my foundations post, but to make it short: I love the KVD foundation and sometimes I really want to buy it.

Eyebrow Definer brush - It's a little old, and the bristles are scratchy now. :( So into the trash it goes! I already have a replacement from still. by Spa Essentials.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Pink Pong - I mentioned that the brush broke a few posts ago, and I'm really sad to see this go! I love the colour, but it's basically unusable unless I give up some other brush to use with it.

Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in Bijou Blue - This one is suuuuper old. I haven't touched it in years and it's just taking up space. I won't be passing it on though, because it's gotten goopy while sitting in my drawers.

H&M Nail Polish in Blue and Purple - Not the most creative names for sure. My aunt gave these to me back when I was in the first year of high school and I think I only used each one twice.

Whew, that's a lot of stuff! Congrats if you read all the way through. :) I'm starting to think that I should be doing empties posts every month, rather than every 3 months.

What do you think? Is shorter sweeter?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Christine, I saw that The Face Shop is carrying the brow pencils again after what seems like MONTHS of them being out of stock! I picked up another backup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG?!?! I'll def check out TFS asap! Thanks for letting me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to try the Pure Control line for a bit. Are these the ones with the charcoal in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some of the Pure Control has charcoal, but not all of them. The one I use doesn't, but it's pretty harsh if your skin isn't used to physical exfoliators and salicylic acid.

    ReplyDelete