28 July 2015

Makeup Review: essence Long Lasting Lipstick Nudes Collection


Last week, I attended the essence Fall/Winter preview, where I got to see some new releases as well as a few repromos. Some of the new products coming in the next few weeks are this trio of nude shades from the Long Lasting Lipsticks.

Three shades are available in Canada: Wearing Only a Smile, Porcelain Doll, and Cool Nude (shown left to right, below). I'm assuming there are more shades abroad since the numbering jumps from 01, 02 to 05.



Wearing Only a Smile is a pale pink and is 100% concealer lips on me. It's so pale it borders white! This one is a little sheerer compared to the other two and so applied a little patchy on me. But I'm giving it kudos because it mostly covered up my super pigmented lips.

Porcelain Doll leans peachy and goes on opaque. Originally, I thought that this would be my nude out of the trio, but it's virtually a match for my skintone. While Wearing Only a Smile looks like I put concealer on my lips, Porcelain Doll looks like my lips just aren't as pink as they normally are.

Cool Nude is a mauvy-brown nude, also opaque. It's really close to an MLBB on me, but is slightly lighter than my natural lip colour. I can actually see myself wearing this once in a while, perhaps with a dramatic eye?

All of these don't pull on the lips and don't feel drying, but are not especially moisturizing. I'd call them creamy, especially at their $3.50 retail price! But like most lipsticks, they are not transfer-proof and I wouldn't expect them to be.


At the end of the day, while I can't find complaints with the lipstick formula, I find the shades lacking. Cool Nude is my favourite out of the three and I think it could work for the widest range of skintones. I'd love to see if Porcelain Doll would work on someone with a darker skintone for a dramatic contrast!

You can find these lipsticks, and all other Essence products, exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment