31 July 2015

New In: Happy Birthday!


July is my birthday month! And since my actual birthday is at the end of the month, I usually spend all of July treating myself to gifts. This year, Kat Von D released a bunch of new shades in my beloved Everlasting Lipstick line and I couldn't help myself.

"Treat Yo'self!" was my motto all July.

I've been super tempted by the Sephora Bronze Bares-All favourites set because it had the Too Faced bronzer and Becca highlight I've been dying to try. The Urban Decay eyeshadow didn't hurt either! Everything else was really like a bonus to me. I'm even surprised by the NARS lipgloss because I can see myself using it on top of a bunch of different lipsticks.

The Make Up For Ever mattifying primer was something I also wanted to try, so when I saw the mini I grabbed it. So far I love it lots, and I don't even have to blot some days when I use it!

I picked up 4 out of a planned 8 shades from the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick line. The ones I got are Vampira, Exorcism, Lovesick and Santa Sangre. I'm for sure picking up Mother and Beloved when they're back in stock, and I still need to swatch and decide on Lolita and Double Dare. (#RIPmywallet)

I also finally picked up two of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams that I wanted, in San Paulo and Milan. They're almost the same, but Milan is lighter and a little less saturated than San Paulo. I think I'll be doing a review on these soon!

At the same time as the lip creams, I picked up three NYX lip pencils. They are Hot Red, Burgundy and Rose. Since playing with a bunch of other lip liners, the Rimmel ones have gotten disappointing so I'm excited to test out these.

Some freebies included are the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Shadow, a Sephora 100pt perk. I didn't expect it to be as creamy as it is, and I don't know if I find that good or bad. I also got the Sephora birthday gift that I was super excited about, which are the NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien and the matte lip pencil in Cruella. I haven't even swatched them yet, but I'm excited!!

P.S. I forgot about the Kat Von D Five Fearless Years Limited Edition Tattoo Liner, which I got a few days ago. But I don't really count it as a birthday gift so much as a necessary purchase ;)

Happy birthday to meeeeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment