21 July 2015

New In: July CBB Meet Up and Swap


This past Sunday, I got to meet up with a whole bunch of CBB ladies for dinner and destashing. I got to see several people I've met before and meet a whole bunch of others in real life for the first time. While I didn't bring anything to destash this time, I got suckered in by all the pretty things that needed a new home.

I got two cheek products: the tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in Mirage and the Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color Duo in Spiced Poppy. I'd meant to pick up Juicy Guava (which was what it said on the case) but I couldn't tell in the ~ambient restaurant lighting~ and didn't think to check the underside of the pan. Spiced Poppy is super orange??!?! And scary. But it blends really well so I'm definitely going to try it on my face before I decide whether I'm keeping it.

I also picked up three lippies, two of which are minis. I'm a huge sucker for cute tiny lipsticks and I didn't realize this until the swap. I'm pretty sure I picked up all the minis and went ooooh pretty before putting them back because I don't need 8 million lippies. The ones I ended up keeping are the tarte LipSurgence matte lip tint in Glee, the Maybelline Colorblur cream matte pencil in I Like to Mauve It! and the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in shade 42.

Finally, another pair of falsies because yes. These are from Eye Pearl and Jenn of Procrastinating Pretty told me she got them at IMATS and never ended up using them. They look super fluttery and I'm excited to see how they look on me.

I really love being a part of CBB and meeting so many amazing people. I'm so happy to have found the network and for the opportunity to be a part of it. While talking makeup to the void has its perks (I know what I have in my collection), it's so amazing to hear the response and get to know so many like-minded people. #blessed

6 comments:

  1. YAY so fun! It was lovely to meet you IRL and I also got a bunch of stuff that I have yet to try...I went a little lip crayon crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you again at both the recent events :) You got some great things! I think I picked up quite a bit - namely Clinique things :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awesome meeting you too!! ♥ I've only tried the tarte blush so far and it's soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to have seen you again before you left for school!
    I saw you take the Clinique lippies ;) I hope they're good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait so how did the Juicy Guava mix-up happen? Was the wrong blush in the case? Also, HAVE YOU TRIED IT ON YOUR FACE YET? :3
    YEST TO THE FALSIES AND YES TO THE CBB NETWORK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The outside case said Juicy Guava, but the inside was Spiced Poppy. And I didn't think to check D: No I haven't tried it! Still very scared. I'm working up the courage LOL
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete