3 July 2015

New In: June - CBB Swap Edition



A few weeks ago, the CBB network had a Toronto meetup for dinner and a makeup destash and swap. I figured since I picked up a few things, I'd share it as a New In!

Okay, so I told myself that I wouldn't get more palettes after I picked up the Naked 2, but I'm pretty sure I got sucked in by how pretty this looks in the package. It's the Smashbox Be Discovered palette, which I'm pretty sure was limited edition. While I don't think the colours are all that unique in my collection, I know I'll use it.

Similarly, the Wet N Wild eyeshadow mono in Nutty isn't a unique colour by any means, but I've been dying to compare the monos to their palettes and my local Walmart doesn't carry the monos. Compared to other shades in my collection though, it's the most similar to Urban Decay's YDK, but YDK is a lot more foil/metallic in finish. (So if you're looking for a cheap dupe that's "close enough," I'd really recommend Nutty.)

I've decided to get more into false lashes lately, so I got a hopefully unopened pack of Kiss Looks So Natural lashes in Shy. They're a little shorter than most falsies, which means I can wear them even with glasses!

And finally, the two lipsticks. So it turns out I grabbed two rose shades. After I got home, I opened them up side by side and kind of went, "They're different... Right?" The swatches say they are different, but I haven't compared them to any of my other rose-nudes because I wear these sorts of colours every day for work.



From left to right:
• Clarins Rouge Eclat in Pink Magnolia
• Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Rosy Nude
• Wet N Wild single eyeshadow in Nutty
• Smashbox Be Discovered palette (8 shadows)

At the end of it, Alanna of Classy on the Run rounded up all the leftovers (after the hostesses and waitresses took their picks too) and will be donating the makeup to charity!

I had a really great time seeing everyone and meeting some new people. While I'm definitely all destashed, I would really love to see everyone again!

(I hope no one looks too closely at the first photo, because I had to Photoshop out an item that wasn't supposed to be in here at all. It was the still. brush from Tuesday's post. The power of photo editing!)

27 comments:

  1. lol I was so angry about that used pair of lashes at the swap. Turns out it was an accident and were supposed to go in someone's garbage pile! Those look fairly safe though! ;)

    That was my Nutty shadow, but I just don't use it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i was wondering about that comment. Nutty is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't notice the photoshop at all ;) I have Pink Magnolia and I love the Clarins lipsticks! I've never heard of the smashbox palette but it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I can't see the photoshop at all! Everything you picked up looks really nice. The palette looks so lovely for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the photoshop, I can't even tell! Great haul! I am so glad we were able to give some items a new home and not waste perfectly good beauty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cuz I was (inebriated) running around bitching about who brought the dirty used lashes... And then it turns out it was Julie's accident. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, that palette looks so gorgeous! xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think so too! I think I'll get a lot of use out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you LOL. Same here. I definitely destashed more than I picked up, and everything I did get seems great! I'm happy all the rest is going to charity too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't compare to how much I love Naked2, but it IS pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked up some nice things! I recently got Nutty and I'm excited to try it out. Do you know if you're going to the next one yet? I'm thinking of going though I wonder if it will be awkward for me since I would probably be the youngest there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nutty is definitely an easy shade to wear. It has the same undertone as YDK, but YDK is darker, more intense, and is more foil-like in finish.
    I'm most likely going to go, but even if I don't I really recommend you go anyway. It's great to meet everyone in person, and you already know you have something in common ;) Age really isn't a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the shout out! I love your haul-- beautiful palette! I picked up one lip gloss and when I got home it was clearly used, which made me sad because it was so pretty, but I ended up throwing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should come! I think I was one of the youngest there this time and if age did come up we just ended up laughing about it! At the end of the day we all have something in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My pleasure!
    That makes me sad too. But better safe than sorry, especially on things like that that you can't sanitize.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exactly! I sanitized everything else to be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quick question: should we bring only new things?

    ReplyDelete
  18. New or barely used! If you can't sanitize it fully (such as anything with a doe-foot applicator) then please don't bring it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Christine! I would say only bring new mascara or lipglosses, or lotions in a tub, but as for powder products, lotions or liquids with pump applicators then anything is fine. Most people only brought lightly swatched or gently used items. My rule of thumb was that if I wouldn't give it to my friend or cousin then I wouldn't bring it to swap. I hope that helps! You can check out my haul here if you want to get an idea: http://classyontherun.blogspot.ca/2015/06/cbb-meet-up-make-up-haul.html. Can't wait to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got a revlon color burst lipstick from london drugs a few years ago; the formula is pretty good but I haven't use it that much, time to take it out! Also, that palette is gorgeous! Love the soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that's good news! I've never seen the Color Burst lipsticks before this, and I picked it up just for the colour. I'm glad the formula's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that Clarins lipstick looks so nice! I've never seen that palette before either, I really like the look of it! It sort of reminds me of Sugar Pill.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't used the lipstick yet but I'm excited to, LOL. That so many people haven't seen the palette before makes me wonder how old it is...

    ReplyDelete