14 August 2015

I Wish I Hadn't: Regretful Purchases


Sometimes, in the hunt for The One or just out of curiousity, we all end up with disappointing items that we wish we hadn't bothered with. This happened to me a lot with drugstore makeup. It was just too easy to talk myself into buying something to test out when it's less than $10!

But here are a few things that I think you should skip on... And don't worry, it's not anything in the photo! (I'm sneaky like that.)

Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk
If I'm not mistaken, this was my first Cover Girl product, and wow was it a disappointment. It was nearly impossible to pick up product, but once I did, it was just glitter. Fine glitter, I'll admit, but there wasn't a hint of pink anywhere. After this one, I'm not too keen to try out any of the other shades nor anything else from the brand either.

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cotton Candy
While I'm ALL OVER shimmery eyeshadow, glitter in lip products are a huge no for me. I did review and I think I mentioned how it settled into lines awfully, but it's not just that. I need more colour in my lip products!

Maybelline Baby Lips Crystal in Beam of Blush
Yet another sheer pink glittery lip balm. I don't learn from my mistakes apparently. I also reviewed this and liked it because the huge glitter chunks aren't grainy at all, but I never want to use this. The glitter feels tacky now that I can safely call myself an adult. One thing, though, is that I do love the bubblegum scent of this. Definitely pass and just get yourself a good lip balm.

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara
Ohhh what a mistake. Not only did this one smudge everywhere on me, it's waterproof so I couldn't even easily remove the smudges. So while I'm sure this is a great mascara for lots of people, skip on the waterproof version when testing out mascaras and go for the washable one. Especially if, like me, you're prone to smudging.

What's a makeup item that you just wish you hadn't bought?

No comments:

Post a Comment