21 August 2015

Top 5 Things I Reach For


Last week, I posted about some of the things that I really regret buying. So in a similar vein, today I'm talking about the top 5 things that I always reach for!

I only started doing my brows about a year ago, and it's made such a difference to my face. I started off with a THEFACESHOP pencil, but have since moved onto the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown. I don't know how I lived without this little baby. It was weird at first, no lies, because it's a much more defined brow than I've ever had, but I don't think I can go back.

I've always been a liquid liner gal, but whenever I need one that'll stay all day for real, I always pick up the Dolly Wink black liquid liner. Perfectly opaque and with a brush tip? Be still, my beating heart. This is a match for the KVD Tattoo Liner in Trooper, to the point where they're essentially the same thing.

Ever since I bought the NYX Powder Blush in Apricot, I've been reaching for it as an easy, no fuss daily blush. There's some shimmer in it, so there's no need to highlight, and the colour looks so good that even if I apply too much, it still looks fab. Doesn't require thinking in the mornings!

I usually sweep at least one eyeshadow all over the lid, kind of like a setting powder for the eyes. It's usually the matte light brown from the NYX Wicked Dreams palette. And when I want to spend a little more time and do a more complicated look, this palette already has a bunch of options from warm to cool, matte to shimmer, neutral to jewel tones.

And finally, any day I wear foundation or concealer, I use the Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder all over to set my makeup. It works wonders for me, and my favourite part is that it never lied about any of its abilities. No outrageous 24-hour claims here! Though I've had this for at least a year, it still surprises me that I've used up so much of it. But I guess using it every day has something to do with that.

What are some of the things you reach for on a daily basis, even when you have 97548957845 other options?

No comments:

Post a Comment