25 September 2015

Fall Lip Picks


It's officially fall! As much as I dread the coming of colder weather, I can't help but get excited about darker and bolder lipsticks. Something about fall just makes vamp the it lips of the season, according to all the fashion magazines.

My top five for this season are all on the bolder side of things. Sure, I'll be wearing my beloved MLBBs too but these will definitely be thrown in more often.

For a bold red, I plan on using the NYX Creamy Round Lipstick in Snow White a lot more this year. This blue-toned red is a good catch-all for fall. It's not a long-lasting lipstick, but it doesn't dry out the lips at all.

For red-based berry, I have the Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Berry. A little bit goes a long way, and I find that the Melted Lipsticks are long-lasting and stay pretty glossy the whole time.

For a pink-based berry, I pull out one of my first ever lipsticks, the Sephora Collection Color Lip Last in #21 Meet My Pink. I've gotten nothing but compliments on this, and bonus: this lipstick smells amazing!

For a purple, I'd reach for the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Exorcism. It's a pretty blackberry shade with a completely matte finish from the new releases. I've reviewed the formula already, so a quick recap is that it lasts forever and is crazy pigmented and that's all I really need from a lipstick.

And finally, for the true vamp without going straight-up black, I'd go for the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira. This is a shade from the original line-up, and is a dark burgundy that's more red than brown. Once dry though, it reflects a little metallic even though it's perfectly matte.


What are your top lip picks for fall?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment