1 September 2015

New In: August


Y'all, first I need to say that using a reflector was THE best choice I've made for my photography. Or maybe second to using manual mode exclusively for still lifes. Look at those specular highlights!

Apparently, I've been feeling splurgy lately, even if I haven't bought nearly as many products as my last few monthly hauls. Maybe I'm learning?

What I did get this month was the L'Occitane en Provence Shea Cleansing Oil, which I learned about from Jenn of A Beautiful Zen. I'm almost out of the Garnier cleansing oil and I couldn't be happier. It just didn't do it for me, and I'm hoping this L'Occitane one is what I've been looking for.

I also got two blushes, one of which has been on my List for a long time: NARS powder blush in Deep Throat and Milani rose powder blush in Romantic Rose. Deep Throat has been a colour I've fallen completely for. In comparing my blush shades, I think it's the closest to NYX Apricot, but Deep Throat is more pink and much more pigmented. On the other hand, Romantic Rose is a winey rose. It's more powdery than I expected, but I like the colour a lot. I'm expecting to wear it often this fall!

One of the most splurgy things this month was the tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation, of which I'm the shade Light Sand. I've been looking for quick and easy bases for those times I want to look good without the hassle of a liquid foundation + setting powder. While this is definitely buildable to full coverage, I usually keep it medium coverage.

Finally, the latest addition to my beloved Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick collection, fittingly, the shade Beloved. It's described as a soft coral on the Sephora website, but I think that it's not nearly as "soft" as it suggests. It's a bright pink coral and I only wish I'd been able to get it sooner because it's the perfect summer lippie colour!

After this month's haul, I really think I need to go on a spending ban, but with holidays coming up (and holiday sets!) I'm planning to control my spending and then go on a real makeup spending ban come January. There surely can't be anything else I need, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment