4 September 2015

Summer Goals: A Recap

Back at the beginning of summer, I'd written up a few goals for the four months. Now that those four months are over and my (last!!) year at school is just about to begin, I wanted to go back and reflect to see how I did.

To make things easier, here's a summary of the five goals I'd proposed:
  1. Find a summer internship related to the graphics industry.
  2. Post at least one makeup post a week, and a weekly Project 365 roundup. 
  3. Document 3 photo walks.
  4. Do 5 OOTD/style posts. 
  5. Go on actual dates with the boyfriend.
Well, I'm sure you know that I was successful in finding that internship! I had a great time and while B2B isn't my passion, I know that the lessons I learned during the past three months will be useful in my future. I'm still really grateful for the opportunity that I had. 

I completely gave up on my Project 365 back in June when I started my internship, but I think I've been pretty good with posting on schedule. While not every week had makeup-related posts, I think I've gotten into the groove of what I want lightsmithing to be. Since starting on my updated posting schedule in June, I've only missed one day and was late once. I'm really proud, and I hope to keep up during the school year! (An editorial calendar helps tons.)

As for my photo walks, I did at least four that I posted on my Flickr, and two of them are also shared here: Doors Open Toronto and High Tea. I did go to High Park but I didn't bring my camera, and I still haven't gone to the Scarborough Bluffs.

I really really want to do OOTDs and I think that I might be able to recruit my boyfriend to help me out with those, especially since we'll be seeing more of each other during the semester. Fair warning though, I wear a lot of black/white/grey because I'm awful at colour matching. Heaven knows why I choose to work in the graphics industry! 

Finally, "real dates" did happen. Doors Open kind of became a date, and we went to the zoo for my birthday! I hadn't been to the zoo since I was 14 or something, and I love it every single time. What didn't end up happening were the awful movies and Doctor Who LOL.

This is also the 100th post on lightsmithing! This past year of blogging has blown by fast, and I'm so glad to have found the CBB network. Full speed ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment