24 October 2015

FOTD: Everyday Makeup




I haven't done an FOTD in a while, and I figured that since my daily makeup routine has changed a tiny bit, I'll share my everyday makeup bits! This is a look that's easy to do and nearly impossible to mess up.

My first step is to prime my face using the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. For foundation, my daily go-to is the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation (review), but I'm currently using up a sample of the Too Faced Born This Way foundation so that's what I'm using here. I wear the shade Warm Sand, which is a perfect match for me! I set that with my much-loved Rimmel Stay Matte transparent powder (review).

I switch between bronzer and contouring depending on my mood, but today I decided to lightly contour with the Inglot sculpting powder in #505 (review). For blush, I'm wearing the Milani rose powder blush in Tea Rose. For a more natural highlight, I use the Wet N Wild Color Icon "bronzer" in Reserve Your Cabana.

For my brows, I'm using the trusty Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown, which gives me the illusion of actually having eyebrows. Then, I create more lift in the arch by sweeping Bliss (matte pale beige, from Smashbox's Be Discovered palette) right along the bottom edge of my brows.

On the eyes, I first prime with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. For this easy look, I just applied Urban Decay's YDK all over the lid. Then, I used my Dolly Wink black liquid liner to line my eyes and for that teeny wing. Finally, I curl my lashes and apply Buxom's Lash Mascara.

For today's lips, I applied the Clarins Rouge Eclat in Pink Magnolia, blotted off the shine and layered the Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Madeira over it. Madeira is a little too pale for me on its own, but it's really great on top of other lipsticks.


While things like eyeshadow, blush and lipstick change every day, I tend to keep my look about the same. But I'll be honest, lately I've been going for dark vampy lips almost every day. Fall makes embracing the vamp, I think!

What's your go-to, fail-safe makeup look? 

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment