7 November 2015

Milani Rose Powder Blush Review


One thing that'll always get me is a cute imprint on powder products. Make it a flower and you've got me good. These Milani Rose Powder Blushes are some of the cutest I've ever seen, and I've recently bought all three shades to share with you.

Milani describes these powder blushes as soft, easy-to-use, with a natural finish. All in all, quite achievable for a powder blush. But as much as I love the clear and gold packaging, they're finicky to photograph.

These are the three shades in their permanent lineup: 01 Romantic Rose, 05 Coral Cove, and 08 Tea Rose. Milani also lists three limited edition shades on their US website, but none of those seem to be available in Canada. Each blush has a net weight of 17g, which is a lot.

From left to right: Tea Rose, Coral Cove, Romantic Rose

Romantic Rose is a browny-pink, kind of like a mauve. This is my go-to blush for bold lipsticks, because it's brown enough not to compete and look gaudy. I definitely get a lot of use out of this one. ;)

Coral Cove is a neon bright coral in the pan, but comes off really pretty on the cheeks. It's not actually neon! Totally wearable and not scary. (I totally put it back the first time I saw it in stores though!)

Tea Rose is a "dusty rose" as per the website, which makes it right up my alley. It's more of a medium pink, kind of boring-looking in the blush world but ridiculously beautiful on the cheeks. The only thing is, whenever I wear this I want it to be the standout, which means I can't wear my beloved bold lipsticks.

On the formula, they're all pretty powdery and kick up a lot of dust if you swirl your brush into the blush. They're all pigmented just enough but it's definitely possible to go overboard with these. They also all last me the entire day!

Another thing to note is that there's a weird, plastic-y smell to them which is only apparent if you actually go and sniff the pan. While it's not pleasant, it doesn't hang around with the colour.

Overall, I think these are some decent blushes, and the rose imprint plus that clear-and-gold packaging make up for any downfalls.


Maybe more flower blushes in the form of the Clinique Cheek Pops are in my future?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment