1 November 2015

New In: September and October

I totally dropped the ball in September and didn't end up doing my monthly New In post. So instead, I decided to lump September and October together, and it turns out I didn't end up getting a whole lot in either month!

As I've mentioned in one of my recent posts, I've been planning to revamp my skincare routine and keep it as simple as possible. I decided that I'd splurge a little on the La Roche-Posay Effaclar line and get their Purifying Foaming Gel and the Effaclar Mat moisturizer. The cleanser feels cleansing without stripping and I like how light the Effaclar Mat is.

In skincare, I also picked up the Garnier Pure Mattifying Toner, which is one I've used before. While I did want to stay aware from harsh products, I still wanted the benefits of salicylic acid.

I bought several bits of makeup this month, starting with finally getting my hands on the coveted Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare. I've blogged about these lipsticks before, and this one is a great everyday colour. At the same time as that purchase, I also got the Sephora Favourites Give Me Some Lip set, which has 6 lip products, including another Kat Von D favourite, the liquid lipstick in Lolita. While the Sephora Collection lip tint and the MUFE gloss just aren't for me, I think the box was worth the $30.

As you already know, I bought my first two MAC lipsticks recently, in the shades Chatterbox and Captive. I'm defintiely interested in getting more! And finally, the last lippie is the Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm in Sultry. While I really want to get the shade Elusive, it's been proving really elusive (ha!) and so I snatched up Sultry when there was only a bunch of this shade left untouched at my local Walmart.

I also purchased the other two shades of the Milani Rose Powder Blush, which are Coral Cove and Tea Rose. While the numbering is a little weird—they're 01, 05, 08—these are the only colours I've seen in Canada that are listed on the website under the permanent line.

Lastly, at the H&M Beauty launch I picked up the two eyeshadows and two face masks. I just reviewed the masks, and as for the eyeshadows, I've been finding that their singles are super pigmented and last a while too.

I'm definitely getting back in the groove of posting, but I'm sure it'll continue to be sporadic during the school year.

Stay updated and follow me on

1 comment:

  1. I have just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete