23 December 2015

Christmas Party Makeup Menu

Christmas is just around the corner! While there are no big parties for me this year, I'm still a big fan of wearable glam party makeup. It's a bit more than what I'd wear everyday but it's not so far out that I don't look like myself anymore. So here's a makeup "menu" of how I'd do my makeup for a Christmas party!

I never do my makeup without priming first, and for this look I use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer on the eyelids and just under the eyes, and the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer all over the face. Next is foundation, and for a natural but long-lasting option, I'm using the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25HR foundation and applying with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush for a thin but even finish.

For a little extra definition than normal (since this is a party look), I'm contouring first with a cream product, the tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in Park Ave Princess and blending that in with the same buffing brush. Then I set everything with my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent. For powder contour, I'm using the Inglot HD Sculpting Powder in #505 right on top of where I used the cream contour.

To highlight, I first use the Inglot HD Sculpting Powder in #503 under the eyes, on the forehead and on the nose. For the extra oomph, I'm using the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in Rose, using all the shades but focusing on the lightest one. This I'll dust along the tops of my cheekbones. Last for the face, I'm using the Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose for a bit of colour that won't overpower a bright red holiday lip.

Before I move onto the eyes, I fill in my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown. I honestly can't live without this stuff anymore!

On the eyes, I sweep the Urban Decay eyeshadow in Radar (from the Naked Smoky palette) all over the lid and juuust a little bit higher than my natural crease. Then, using a fluffy blending brush, I use Whiskey (also from the Naked Smoky palette) in the outer corner and on the crease to create a little bit of definition. Blending is key! After that, using a thin, flat brush, I take Radar again and smudge it into my lower lash line. Then I take Half Baked (from the Naked2 palette) and tap it into the direct centre of my eyelids using my pinky finger. Blend out the edges a little, but the oomph is what I'm looking for. Finally for eyeshadow, I take the Inglot Eyeshadow in #395 and highlight my inner corner for some serious glow.

Because I don't feel complete without black liquid liner, I take the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper and draw on some winged liner. Give it a second or two to dry, and then I'll curl my lashes and apply the Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara. This gives me just a bit of length but seriously holds a curl.

And finally the lips, the centre of this makeup look. I line my lips using the NYX Lip Liner in Burgundy and then fill everything in with the Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Berry. The lipstick doesn't really need a lip liner to create that perfect outline, but why risk feathering at a party? The lipliner is also a bit more brown-based than the lipstick, giving the look a little extra dimension.

And there you have it! A festive makeup look with a bit of glitter and a cheery red lip!

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment