8 December 2015

New In: November


Long time no post! It's been a long while, hasn't it? School kicked my butt in the last month, so even though it's now exam season, I'm not swamped in project after project anymore. I'm definitely planning to dive right back into blogging on the regular! I'm back today with my monthly hauls.

November turned out to be just as spendy as July, which was already ludicrously spendy. I blame the Sephora sale for causing the bulk of the damage. So while there are a lot of things that are well thought out, quite a few more were impulse buys that have no business being in my posession.

At the beginning of the month, I spent most of my time managing and playing photographer for my university program's yearbook (though it only includes the year's graduates). This meant new foundations and emergency eyeliner.

I've had my eye on the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25H Foundation for a while, for its reputed longevity and natural finish. I bought the shade 103 True Ivory, which is meant to be a pink-leaning shade but it's really neutral! I also bought the Stay Matte primer from Rimmel, because damn if I don't love a matte finish anyway.

I also picked up another shade of the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, this time in 104 Golden Beige. This one is bang-on for my skintone, so I'm planning to do a revisit of my review and provide swatches comparing 103 and 104.

Finally from the drugstore, my emergency eyeliner purchase. The day I was going to have my photos taken, the wings of my eyeliner faded prematurely, so I wanted something cheap that would stick to moist eyelids (I'm a frequent crier). I bought the Essence gel liner and its matching brush, and it did the job.

I also managed to visit the newly opened NYX store in Square One. While it's definitely small and severely undersupplied while I was there, I still made a small purchase of two Liquid Suede lipsticks to try. I got Tea and Cookies, a neutral pink, and Cherry Skies, a vampy red. At $10 CAD each, they're pricier than I'd like, but I've yet to give them a good go.

Aaand then the Sephora sale hit. You can see what I got in my haul post, and I did a good job of not making a second purchase. Basically I'm not very good at sticking to my budget when Kat Von D lipsticks get involved.

Then it was Black Friday and I was sick, so I didn't go early like I'd planned. So while I didn't get everything I wanted (that Nest perfume trio was calling my naaaame) and didn't manage to get a set for a friend, I still picked up three things I didn't need. From the Black Friday sets, I picked up the Tocca set, with the hand cream, body scrub and perfume in their lovely Giulietta scent. I also picked up two (two!! why??) Bite Mix and Mingle mini lipstick duos in Tannin+Holly and Latte+Cortado. While I definitely have no need for more lipsticks, I'd picked them up to gift... Except they ended up being gifts to myself. #noshame #actuallyabitashamed

And finally, some boring repurchases of the essence All About Matt! blotting papers and a new bottle of The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil.

So I should be starting that no-buy a month early, though I'm sure the discount at Sephora will tempt me.

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment