19 January 2016

Cover Girl Clump Crusher and Learning to Love Mascara



Previously, I've talked about how I just didn't get along with mascara and how it smudged on me no matter what I did. Well, about halfway through last year, I figured I'd give it one more go and see whether I could find something that worked.

All I wanted was a bit more volume, enough length to make my lashes show up, and I wanted it to never transfer down to my under-eye circles. I also already knew that I preferred plastic bristles over natural bristles.

In an attempt to make any mascara work better, I started aggressively powdering under my eyes where I get transfer the most, and it really does help. But some mascaras were just more stubborn than me, and continued to make me look bruised by the end of the day.

On an absolute whim, I picked up the Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara. It doesn't promise a lot, according to its packaging, but I'm at least certain it won't clump my lashes into one single spike. (How's that for imagery?)



Comparing my unadorned but curled lashes (left) to my mascara'd ones (right), you can see it gives me a little length and definition by way of darkening them. While it can hold up a curl, it still weighs down my lashes a bit. It's a lovely everyday mascara, in my opinion. 

While it doesn't give me fluttery fluffy lashes, it stays in place all day and doesn't end up under my eyes. So even though it's not holy grail for me, it has definitely made me rethink mascara. At least now I can pretend to have eyelashes!

Do you have any mascara recommendations for me? I'd love to hear them! 

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment