26 January 2016

Face of the Day - Back to School



Non-beauty update: I've caught another cold so please forgive me if I sound super whiny about it. I'm not very good at dealing with being sick.

So I took this photo (and the 12 others exactly like it) last week, when I was feeling significantly better and less like death itself. But basically, school's started up again, I'm headed into Week Two, which means I'm wearing makeup on a regular basis again.

And this is what's on my face!

For a super matte base, I love the pairing of the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation (I wear 104 Golden Beige) and THEFACESHOP Face It Primer. The silicone-y primer gives the foundation more slip, meaning it applies much more smoothly but still lasts all day. As per usual, I powder just in case, using the Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder.

I still love using my Inglot Sculpting Powders in 503 and 505 to contour and highlight, but usually I'll double up on the highlighter. In this look, I used the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in Rose. For blush, I turn back to an old fave, the NYX Powder Blush in Mocha.

Since I don't have naturally full brows, I paint them in using the cult favourite, Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade, which I use in Ash Brown. This has been one of the best things to ever happen to me.

For eyes, I start with my tried and true primer, the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I love doing a lowkey "day" smoky look, and this look used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Suspect from Naked2 all over the lid and Kat Von D Eyeshadow in Samuel and Sytry from the Shade & Light Eye Paletteto create dimension. The key to a day-time smoky look is reducing the contrast between shades! (Though avoiding a stark matte black also helps.) For my inner corner highlight, my fave is the Inglot Eyeshadow in 395, the perfect white-gold. Finally, I add winged liner using the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. Today's mascara is the CoverGirl Clump Crusher, which I've recently blogged about.

And finally, today's lipstick is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare, one of my fail-safe lipsticks. It's pinky nude with a matte finish that I know will stay perfect all day. You can't go wrong!

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment