1 January 2016

Happy New Year! 2015 in Review



Happy new year, guys! A whole year has completely breezed by and now we're all looking forward to what 2016 will bring.

At the very beginning of 2015, I wrote a post about my resolutions for the year, both blogging and in general. Now that it's nearing the end of 2015, I really want to do a recap and see how I did.

So in January, I told you I wanted to:
  • post at least once a week, and have at least 4 posts a month.
  • do more "lifestyle," "what am I up to" posts.
  • comment more on other bloggers' posts.
  • spend less in coffee shops and bring my own from home.
  • learn to cook more things, no matter how simple.
  • complete Project 365 and share a photo from every day in 2015!
I really really on top of my blog game this year with almost a consistent 8 posts a month, all the way up til October. Fourth year uni came crashing over me then, and posting slipped to approximately once a week. I'm really proud of how many posts I wrote and photographed this year! I don't think I did nearly as many lifestyle posts as I wanted, but I definitely did do more than before. And last in my blogging goals, I did start commenting a lot whenever I do read and catch up on my blogs. It prompted me to interact with a lot more people and give me that sense of community that I love in blogging.

I did spend less on coffee this year, I think, but I still made it to Gold status on my Starbucks card (through to 2017...) so take from that what you will. As for cooking, I made a lot of pasta. A lot.

Finally, I quit Project 365 just shy of halfway through because it was more challenging creatively than I had anticipated. I lost motivation once the summer break rolled around and I was struggling to find the summer internship I needed to graduate.

I think that was a balance of successes and failures. I'm pretty proud of what I achieved in 2015. So in 2016, I resolve to:
  • post at least once a week (again). 
  • give lightsmithing a facelift. 
  • get back into calligraphy and produce at least 3 pieces. (I'm setting the bar low.)
I do have other goals for 2016, but they're things I would like to work towards, rather than things I want to achieve for sure. I'm definitely looking into upgrading my equipment (my D200 is ready for retirement) and I'm really considering venturing into Youtube to supplement blogging. 

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment