22 January 2016

Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick in Peachy Beachy, Cheeky Coral, Pink a Punch Review and Swatches



When Rimmel released these lipsticks, they had a huge campaign on Instagram with banners and videos and fancy "are you ready for this?" advertising. There, they built up a lot of hype over these lipsticks and I wanted to see if they really stack up.

Rimmel claims this formula is the only lipstick you'll ever want or need (hence the name), with high pigmentation, longevity, and a moisturizing, comfortable feel. I have three out of the 12 shades: 110 Pink a Punch, 600 Peachy Beachy and 610 Cheeky Coral. There's a good mix of shades in the line, though they're skewed in favour of brights/bolds rather than nudes/neutrals.

There are two things, right up front, that I want people to be aware of. First, these lipsticks have a sweet, candy scent. Kind of like Gobstoppers, if you ever had those. Personally, I loooove the scent, but I think it's something you need to be aware of. Unfortunately, it doesn't taste like candy but more like old lady perfume. The second thing is that I dislike the shape of the bullet. I find it hard to use especially for the edges and corners of my lower lip. I can't figure out round, flat bullets, guys. Am I doing something wrong??

L-R: Pink a Punch, Peachy Beachy, Cheeky Coral


All three colours I have are bold and pigmented, and apply really easily on the lips. However, it took me two layers to get even colour in the lip swatches below. While super glossy at first swipe, it settles down after a while. They're consistently super comfortable on the lips and the shades I have also leave a light stain behind.

These don't feather or bleed outside the lip line, but they transfer if you touch your lips to things. Like cups and straws and other people's cheeks.



Pink a Punch is a colour I fell in love with when I saw it on Instagram during the campaign, but it turned out to be a lot brighter and more neon in real life. I bought it anyway because it looks like a fun colour. And it is! It's not something I would wear every day but it's an amazing jolt of colour.



Peachy Beachy is a bright, neon peachy pink on me. This one applied a little patchy, but evened out beautifully once I smooshed my lips together. However, this one does emphasize the wrinkles of my lips when they're dry. This shade is pretty unflattering on me in yellow light, but otherwise it's kind of cute.



Cheeky Coral is an orangey-red on me, and is actually the one I'm most comfortable in. It's like an amped up Peachy Beachy. I don't have much to say about this one, just that I really love it!

Side note: I should not have been wearing red while taking these photos because my camera kept trying to adjust colour so that it could capture how bright that red is.

One swipe!

All of the colours I chose feel summery and just a little outside my comfort zone. But that's what makeup is about for me: trying out different looks and at the end of the day I can just wash it right off. 

Is this the only one lipstick formula I'll ever need or want? Frankly, no. I'm too much of a matte-lipstick-lover to give them up in favour of this. But for those of you who like a pigmented lipstick with a hint of shine and comfortable all-day wear, this is a good one to go for. 

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment