2 February 2016

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone

Highlighting has been all the rage for a while in the makeup world, and while nearly everyone has gotten into the game, Becca is a brand that comes immediately to mind.

The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors come in three forms: Pressed, Poured, and the original, liquid version. Because I'm used to working with powder products, I picked up the Pressed version of Moonstone.

These products practically have a cult following, and it's really easy to buy into the hype. But should you get it? I mean, it's just face glitter, right?

The powder form of the Becca highlighter comes in a rubberized compact with an inset metal plate engraved with the Becca name. Inside, the mirror takes up all the space of the lid, making it feel generously sized. The Pressed version comes with 0.28 ounces (or 8 grams) of product.


Moonstone is described as a pale gold, which I think is accurate. There's definitely yellow in it, making this a wonderful highlighter shade for warmer skin tones. But there's no need to worry, because the reflect is more like a warm white and not a yellow. Moonstone is a pale colour that I think it works really well for my light-medium skin tone.

As a note, I also own a deluxe-sized version of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal, which I think is verging on too dark for me. In my opinion, Opal looks more ~lit from within~ than Moonstone, which has much more contrast with my skin tone and therefore looks more glam.

Although these Becca highlighters look like overpriced, glorified glitter, there's nothing gritty about it. The powder feels incredibly smooth and blends SO WELL. It's hard to believe it's a powder texture at all, because it definitely doesn't feel powdery. It kind of feels like a dry cream, if that makes any sense. (Does it?)

Dat glow *O*

I've blended it out with my finger for a more ~natural~ ~lit from within~ look on the left, but this highlighter is really capable of some serious oomph. Currently, my favourite way to apply this is using the Real Techniques contour brush, which picks up just enough powder and is fluffy enough to blend everything seamlessly.

Even though I used to avoid highlighting products because I have naturally oily skin that gives me that shine anyway, I found that Moonstone doesn't emphasize this at all. I never look like a complete greaseball at the end of the way, even if I've gone a bit overboard with highlighter in the morning. MAJOR points for this!

(Unfortunately, I'm not going to provide a photo of me wearing Moonstone because I just got hit with a cold sore while I'm still trying to fight off a cold. C'est la vie, I suppose.)

Honestly? I'm in love with Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone. It's absolutely gorgeous and versatile for so many levels of glow. It's a splurge item for me, but so so worth the money. It's definitely earned its cult following, in my opinion!

Will you be joining the Becca cult?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment