19 February 2016

One and Done Eyeshadows



Back when I was working 9-5 and leaving my apartment at 6:30 to get to work on time, super simple eyeshadow looks were a live saver. While I didn't mind forgoing my beloved winged liner, I always felt a more put together in the wee hours of the morning when I had a little something on my eyes. It was also important because I never knew when there would be clients in the office!

So today's post is about all of those eyeshadows. You only need the one, and it looks like a much more complicated look when you're done.

For a really inexpensive pick, the Wet N Wild single shadow in Nutty is a great one. The eyelid shade from the essence Smokey Eyes set is like a cooler variation and I've yet to find another product that dupes this essence eyeshadow.

On the higher end of the $$ scale, Urban Decay's YDK remains one of my favourite eyeshadows ever. It's ridiculously shimmery, but it looks like a beautiful rich brown where it doesn't catch the light.

Cream eyeshadow sticks are great for one and done shadows, since you don't even need a brush for them. My faves are the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Fuller Fudge and Ample Amber. They're not as creamy as some of the other shadow sticks I've tried, but they work a lot better on my oily lids. Fuller Fudge is a dark bronze, and Ample Amber is a peachy brown.

L-R: Clinique Ample Amber, Cliniqe Fuller Fudge, Essence Smokey Day, Wet N Wild Nutty, Urban Decay YDK

What are your favourite eyeshadows to use for a single-shadow look?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment