8 February 2016

Valentine's Day FOTD Inspiration - Simple and Downplayed


Valentine's Day is just around the corner! While I'm not one to give into the commercially-hyped holiday, a day dedicated to pinks and reds and love isn't to be scoffed at. It offers so much inspiration for makeup, and today I'm sharing a little makeup inspired by the season.

For those that don't know, I've been in a relationship for three years, and so a Valentine's Day look for me would definitely be really simple and lowkey. This look combines cool-toned eyes with a pink lip. I think the pink lipstick adds a bit of cutesy-ness to the look.


My go-to primer and foundation combo hasn't changed in a while: THEFACESHOP's Face It Primer and L'Oreal's Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. This time, though, I'm also using a teeny bit of the Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer to cover up spots and undereye darkness. Then I set everything, as always, with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.

Contouring remains the same, with the Inglot Sculpting Powders in 503 and 505. For a cheek highlight, I've added a bit of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal for a natural glow. (Shame you can't see it in the photos though!) I've been experimenting with blush placement, and I really like this look, where I've placed the blush just above my contour, blending onto my cheekbones and avoiding the apples of my cheeks entirely. For this look, I've used NARS Blush in Deep Throat, which is a super pretty peachy pink (titillating name aside).

On the eyes (and on top of my steadfast Too Faced Shadow Insurance) are Urban Decay's Tease and Busted shadows from the Naked2 palette blended into the crease, and the lid shade from the essence Smokey Eyes Set in Smokey Day on the lid and lower lash line. Then I pressed a little bit of Urban Decay's Bootycall into the inner corner to highlight. For fun, I decided to do my liner with the essence Gel Eyeliner, which I haven't used enough. I set the gel liner with Urban Decay's Blackout.

The false lashes are Kiss lashes in 03. These are the ones that come in packs of 5 pairs and are super natural looking in terms of volume and length.

My eyebrows are, as always, filled in with the Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Ash Brown. I recently picked up the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Black and I applied a bit of this on top to set the hairs.

Finally, on my lips is the Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Elusive, which my friend tracked down for me and gave me for Christmas! This shade definitely lived up to its name: I could never find it in stores.

someone teach me to apply false lashes properly

And that's it! It's definitely an easygoing look, but the pink lips and fluttery lashes give it that Valentine's Day vibe.

Stay tuned for another Valentine's Day inspired look, but for a ~big date~!

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment