4 March 2016

NYX Prismatic Eyeshadows Review and Swatches


These aren't new products by any means, but today I'm sharing a short review and some swatches of the NYX prismatic eyeshadows that came out summer 2015. I have two of the twelve shades: Girl Talk and Bedroom Eyes.

NYX describes these shadows as "brilliantly metallic," and I would agree. They're really pigmented, though of the two I have, Bedroom Eyes is definitely more pigmented. They have a foil-like mettalic finish, though definitely not in the same way as Makeup Geek's foiled eyeshadows. These come off more like shimmers than foils.

The powder formula is super soft, but a bit crumbly. Despite the heavy shimmer, it doesn't feel gritty. These go on just as pigmented on a brush as they do in the finger swatches on my arm.

Girl Talk is a pale pink shade. I've been using this on my inner corners when I'm feeling like adding some colour, since this really looks pink when it catches the light. Definitely an interesting shade!

Bedroom Eyes is a classic bronze brown. This is a great one-and-done eyeshadow since it reflects so much light. I love using this all over the lid.

Left: Girl Talk
Right: Bedroom Eyes

Overall, I recommend these shadows if you're looking for something super shimmery. I love the two I bought from the NYX store, and there are some really cool colour options.

Have you tried these?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment