5 April 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks Review & Swatches


Oh, Anastasia. Teasing me with your gorgeous lipsticks from across the border. So imagine my excitement when it was announced that these lipsticks were going to be carried at Sephora?? FINALLY, it'll be easy to get these (perpetual out-of-stock status aside). And my grubby little hands managed to pick up two shades!

So I'm going to give my two cents and provide lip swatches, cuz I know that's what you're really here for.

It's no secret I'm in love with matte liquid lipsticks, and these ones are touted all over the interwebs as some of the very best. They're supposed to be long-lasting, high pigment, smear-resistant with a matte finish. All things that make me fall for a lipstick!


Right off the bat, these lipsticks swatch like a dream. They're ridiculously pigmented and very true-to-colour. The texture is incredibly smooth, leading to super easy application. They're very much a liquid lipstick, and while they're nowhere near watery-runny, they're definitely not a thick formula.

These lipsticks also stay on for a ridiculously long time and only really faded when I ate. This means if you're not eating anything, this'll definitely last you all day. I can't begin to give you an estimate for how long it'll last without eating, but I know it was flawless for six hours—and then I had lunch. Note, however, that while drinking won't cause the lipstick to fade, there will be a little bit of transfer to your cup that'll be difficult to remove without scrubbing.

The finish is definitely matte, and the lipsticks set fairly quickly. They've got a tiny bit of stickiness to them, like the insides of the lips sticking when you press them together. But long-term, these are surprisingly comfortable despite having a bit of dryness to them.

Finally, the applicator is your typical doe foot, which I think was a good choice. They pick up enough product in one dip to go over both my lips, which I really appreciate.

American Doll is a true red, with a balance of orange and blue undertones. I'm pretty sure it's one of those shades that would look good on any skin tone because it's so balanced. But it's not for the faint of heart, because this is vibrant!

American Doll wore well all day, and layered well over itself during touchups after meals. Only the middle of my lips wore off, and the lipstick does stain.


Craft is a purpley-pink, described as "sangria" on the Sephora website. It has a bit of a magenta undertone, but definitely comes off purple. For a colour reference, it is an EXACT dupe for Stila's liquid lipstick in Aria on me. Someone teach me more colour words.

Unlike American Doll, Craft wore off unevenly during meals. It leaves behind a stain and definitely layers over itself nicely, but the patchiness after eating is something I think you should be aware of.


So overall, I'm giving these a big thumbs up for all matte-lip lovers out there. They're incredibly comfortable for a matte liquid lip and they last ages. There does seem to be a slight difference in how these lipsticks wear depending on the exact shade, but I still do like both of the ones I've tried.

I'm definitely looking at some of the newest releases. Kathryn and Crush look gorgeous!

Stay updated and follow me on

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a solid contextual ad network, I suggest you try ExoClick.

    ReplyDelete