1 April 2016

Best Budget Beauty Buys


Do you like the alliteration in the title as much as I do? Damn. I like it a lot.

As that beautiful title suggests, today's post is all about awesome but inexpensive products that deliver more bang for your hard-earned dollars.

The first product I want to talk about is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. They're raved about in the beauty bloggosphere and for good reason! Coming in at about $9 CAD and with a range of 34 shades, it's a crowd-pleaser. Its mousse-like formula applies like a dream, and sets into a soft matte finish. It's not fully bulletproof and will transfer oh so minimally, but it wears flawlessly for hours. I've done a full review on these here. And now that NYX is easier to find in Canada, even more people can enjoy the brand's amazing line-up.

essence is another brand famous for being dirt-cheap, so much so that most people are wary about the products. Can $3 CAD eyeshadow be any good? The answer is hell yes. The single shadows can be quite hit or miss, but the two above in All I Need and Snowflake are absolutely gorgeous. The Smokey Eyes Set, which I have in Smokey Day is just as awesome. They blend so easily, pack a punch and last all day. The only thing to be careful of is that while there are matte shades in the line, they're not as smooth as the shimmers. Good thing I loooove a shimmery shade all over the lid!

Next are these still Spa Essentials brushes. They cost between $3 to $6 CAD at Walmart, and they're so incredibly soft. They wash up super well too, and I've never had a problem with losing hairs or dyes. I literally bought them because they were so cheap, but oh my god. I've got doubles of the eyebrow/eyeliner brush, the eyeshadow brush and the blending brush because they're so good. I also have their powder brush, which I use with my setting powder.

And lastly, the priciest of this lot, is the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. It retails for anywhere between $15-21 CAD depending on where you shop, which is mighty pricy for a drugstore foundation. But I cannot sing its praises enough. I've talked about it before here and in my revisit post, and I still feel the same way. It's comparible to the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in terms of finish and wear time, but has a little less coverage (but you can totally build this one up). It's my go-to foundation for when I need my makeup to last for an obscene amount of time.

Have you tried any of these products? What are some of your favourite budget beauty buys?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment