12 April 2016

essence Longlasting Lipliner Review & Swatches


As part of their 2016 spring/summer lineup, essence has released a new line of lipliners. They're twist-up (goodbyyeeee sharpener) and available in seven shades. I have six of them swatched for you today.



These lipliners are pigmented and creamy, and definitely doesn't pull as you apply. It feels kind of "sharp" as I use it though, but it's more due to it being actually pointy and narrow. The formula feels a little dry on the lips, which I think is a good thing for a lipliner so that it doesn't slip around. It's still definitely a comfortable formula though.

They do settle just a tiny bit into lip lines. I think they sit awesome underneath lipstick and help prevent feathering and bleeding, but I find that they really only last an hour or so longer than lipstick. So for me, that means that when I reapply my lipstick the second time (after five or six hours after first putting it on), I'll also have to reapply the lipliner. Not bad for something so cheap!

By the way, even though these are twistup pencils, they don't twist all the day down, which was surprisingly frustrating. What you see above is how far down they go.

So I mentioned that Canada's getting seven shades. The one I don't have is A Girl's Dream, a rosy pink. The shades are a good selection and covers the most common colours. In the swatches below, note that Yummy Berry and Berry on My Mind are super similar but the latter is a little darker.


I think that essence is still a go-to brand (if not the go-to brand) for cheap lippies, and these new lipliners are definitely going to be ones I reach for when I need a lipliner.

I think these are Loblaws-exclusives, but I'm hoping they'll be more widely available at Shoppers Drug Marts too! They're not yet listed on the North American essence website, but on the UK version

Stay updated and follow me on



No comments:

Post a Comment