15 April 2016

Matte Must-Haves


Matte products were all the craze in 2015, and while it looks like shine and gloss are making a comeback, matte isn't going away any time soon. I think by now y'all know I loooove a matte finish, so today's post is about the faves! I would definitely encourage everyone to check out these products.


Maybe I should have cleaned the palette before I took photos of it.

Kat Von D's Shade & Light Eye Contour palette is a collection of 12 neutral matte shadows. This flipping thing is literally the most versatile and easy-to-use palette I own, and I love this thing to bits. It's got a range from super cool to super warm tones, and then the brightest of whites to the blackest of blacks. I've swatched this palette in a review here.

I think you're all tired of hearing me talk about the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation, but it's honestly the best matte drugstore foundation. It lasts basically forever even with my makeup-eating face. I completely recommend this foundation if you're looking for a matte finish, medium to full coverage foundation.

The next thing is the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, which I have a mini of in Cruella. It was the Sephora birthday gift last year and oh my god. This lipstick is gorgeous. It's a matte finish but it's so incredibly comfortable, and lasts eons. And it's so so easy to get the perfect lip line! The only downside is that you have to sharpen it (and I guess that a full-sized costs $33CAD).

Last but definitely not least are my favourite lipsticks that I turn to in times of need: the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. I own 10 shades, and I love love love them. The formula is virtually bullet-proof and will last through everything except greasy food. Once they've set (which takes all of a minute, let's be real) they're transfer-proof and kiss-proof and all that good stuff.

This post was totally supposed to go up last week, but with the hoopla over my last two weeks of undergrad (!!!!) I've been a little all over the place. Basically, I now only have exams left before I've technically graduated from university!

Stay updated and follow me on



No comments:

Post a Comment