6 May 2016

Friday Fave #1


Friday Fave is a new series I'm starting for all the products I really love but that I don't think need an in-depth review post from me. These posts won't be every Friday, but they'll always be on a Friday.

The first Friday Fave is dedicated to a cult beauty product that I've only recently gotten into: the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, which I use in the shade Alaska (Light 2).

When I was reading a post on Daphne's blog about the five things every makeup-user should have, the first thing she suggested (insisted on?) was a good, all-rounder base. She suggested the NARS tinted moisturizer in the post, but in a reply to me about my oily skin she told me to try a sample anyway so I went "why not" and grabbed a sample from Sephora a week later. That's the power of blogging and interaction, people. You can get randos to try things you love.

But my point is, that sample got me hooked. The NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer looks so awesome applied with fingers that I literally haven't bothered to try applying it with anything else. I use it over a mattifying primer, so it's not nearly as glowy on me, but it gives such a natural finish. The moisturizer part of the tinted moisturizer makes this super comfortable to wear. The tint part is literally just that: a tint. But any redness left over is easily hidden with concealer.

And surprisingly, with a mattifying primer, the NARS tinted moisturizer actually lasts all day on me. There's the tiniest bit of creasing and product on the tip of my nose doesn't really hang in there all day, but the makeup is still there and I still look pretty dang good.

While I don't believe in no-makeup makeup (if you're going to put the effort in, make it so you can see the effort you put in), this would definitely be the base I choose for a barely-there look.

So now it's my turn to insist you go and pick up a sample if you've never tried this before. It's amazing.

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment