4 May 2016

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina Review & Swatch


When you think liquid lipsticks, Stila is one of the brands that long established itself amongst the top "big" brands. The Stila Stay All Day Liquild Lipsticks have been around for years. And they're beloved by a ton of people. Since I'm really into liquid lipsticks (still), I figured I might as well try the brand that's still on top of many people's minds...

The Stila liquid lipsticks come in 20 shades, ranging from nudes to brights to bolds. I bought one of the cult shades, Patina, which is described as a dusty rose. They've also recently repackaged their lipsticks to match their shiny new gold #aesthetic. The liquid lipsticks used to come in a clear tube with a black plastic cap. I'm totally in love with their new packaging, by the way. It's so pretty like what even.


There's no mistaking the formula: it's 100% a liquid lipstick. It's kind of like you can imagine it being runny, but it isn't runny. Just liquid. There's also a cloying vanilla scent to it, but if that's your thing it can definitely be pleasant. I just don't like vanilla on my makeup.

The applicator is shaped like the conventional doe foot applicator but a little slimmer. But on using it, I found that it's almost a little too flexible and soft. It also picks up a ton of product, so one dip was enough to do both my lips!

The formula applies really smoothly, but dries down to a matte finish. It's a powdery sort of matte where your lips can look a bit dry. But with that dryness also comes longevity. Without eating, I can picure this lasting flawlessly for more than eight hours. But it also held up well through a meal, with only the inner part of my lip wearing off entirely. Touchups are easy, as it layers well as long as you don't have greasy residue or big dry flakes on your lips.


I'll be honest, the first time I put Patina on I felt so meh about the colour. It was a bit too brown and I thought it leaned weirdly lilac on my skintone. But after wearing it a few times on different days, I'm pretty into the colour. Maybe it was just the light on that first day?

Overall, I'm actually quite happy with the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. Patina is a neutral I'd definitely get a lot of wear out of (now that I actually like the colour), and the formula is incredibly life-proof.

Now, how does it compare to some other big brand liquid lipsticks? Well, you'll have to sit tight, but that's definitely a post coming up!

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment